Denon MG-X100 and a couple friends

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
Hehe! Just saved from the clutches of a fiery death, I was watchin' for the post mistress to pull up, and there was a big package in her hand, she was struggling to get it to fit, I clutched the pearls, gasping as I put on my bunny foo foo slippers :D , I ran into the desert heat and almost fainted from excitement and heatstroke...the post lady was laughing her ass off I tell ya, I was a fright to see! fake eyelashes slipping, Lee Press-on Nails falling off as the glue disintegrated in the horrific blast furnace heat :cyclops:

But I got 'em Jer!!

Listening to Kraftwerk Live, and your weren't shittin' bud this is a fantastic recording, the bass is better than I thought it could be, and I'm playing it on the little system in the 'puter room, I can hardly wait to throw it on the big rig! And play the other one you sent!!

:cheers: Thank You sir! Please post what the system chain was. And the LP/CD titles on the other tape so I can pen them in!

Attachments

stuwee

rtp_burnsville said:
Too Funny!!!! We want photos of those bunny foo foo slippers!!!!

Robert
Hehe, Robert you realise I'm not a drag queen, that part was made up, but embarrassingly the Bunny Foo Foo's are real, I just love them :mrgreen: They're perfect for a watching 'The Golden Girls' late at night with a cup of tea with a splash of bourbon :cheers:

Attachments

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Because the Stu wouldn't be Stu without a GENUUUUINE pair of bunny foo foo slippers!!!!!

stuwee

laatsch55 said:
Because the Stu wouldn't be Stu without a GENUUUUINE pair of bunny foo foo slippers!!!!!
:cheers: :mrgreen: :cheers: Got that right!! The story behind them is why I love them sooo much :love4: . I used to DJ down here in the early 90's, not that 'Rave' type stuff, but I'd set the party mood for a local Leather/Biker bar and High T on Sundays at another. There was this dude with a funny name I can't recall, anyway, he loved the way I'd mix 'The Partridge Family' stuff with Led Zeppelin, and weird shit like that, he'd wear those slippers sometimes and was quite the cut-up at the bar. He started to get very sick with HIV/AIDS and didn't go out anymore, so my friend Elisabeth and I would make him meals and visit, I'd give him tapes I made at the bar, and he would dance like a monkey, cackling away in Turkish or something like that :kermit: , what a hoot, when he suddenly died, we went to the house and I grabbed those slippers, forgot to grab my tapes, oh well, such is life! So I cherish the Bunny Foo Foo's in my friend's honor!!

stuwee

laatsch55 said:
Aw jeez..... takes all the fun outta makin fun of em.
Nah, he'd have loved it!!! Now on to you Lee, my good buddy....why'd ya keep the other company you own such a big secret?? Lee's?? the maker of the fabulous Press-On Nails, avaliable in Glamour and action length's !!! Dude ya had a winner there, gazillions sold!! You dawg!! I can just see you and your buds in the oilfields disscussing and trading your sets of the action length's to match your boots and bags :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Attachments

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
stuwee said:
laatsch55 said:
Aw jeez..... takes all the fun outta makin fun of em.
Nah, he'd have loved it!!! Now on to you Lee, my good buddy....why'd ya keep the other company you own such a big secret?? Lee's?? the maker of the fabulous Press-On Nails, avaliable in Glamour and action length's !!! Dude ya had a winner there, gazillions sold!! You dawg!! I can just see you and your buds in the oilfields disscussing and trading your sets of the action length's to match your boots and bags :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Absolutely, whadda ya think we do on our breaks........Ummmmmm?????

jbeckva

Admin/Server Dude MAA Guy
Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
Glad ya got 'em! Bout time, I know.. I know... :cheers:

Well, far as the "chain" goes, this is it..

Started here (believe it or not.. )
http://www.rhapsody.com

Then in and outta here..
http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/Audiophile2496.html

Over and through here and here

Then here

And finally ending up here

Hmmm... I could go here first instead?
http://www.amazon.com/Kraftwerk-Minimum-Maximum-Ralf-Hütter/dp/B000BW7R26

That'd be interesting to compare to someone else's ears. Let me know about that one!

Anywhoo... damn.. you know... I can't remember what else I put on the 2nd tape to fill it out. Ya can PM me a few lines and then I could probably remember then? heheh

stuwee

Rhapsody into a soundcard eh? Man I'm behind the times, The Audio Alchemy things had a lot to do with the sound I bet. I was just floored playing the tape (TDK SA-X 60) in the mid level Luxman K-112 into little AR speaks, but then in the big Teac to the Logans had me :eek: my gawd, I have all the Lp's and always thought they were awesome, but those live cuts took on a whole new meaning :thumbright:

You threw some other cool stuff on the other, I'll play'm back tomorrow and write down some of the lines, I loved that stuff as well, very fitting with the Kraftwerk :thumbleft: