DENON DCD-1500 CDP (1985/1987) my very first upper-scale CDP (Circa-2007ish)

Tagline
---
hi guys, thought i'd share my experiences with my very first ever upper-end(ish) CD player,
the first copy of i came by back around 2007 at a Sally-Ann for like $13.00 without remote;

- and, a few years later, the near-cherry example, -complete with the optional wood side-panels in place- i grabbed online for a little over $100shipped (IIRC)

- this puppy was my workhorse until i found that gorgeous 1987/1989 PIO ELITE PD-91. good as this 1500 is, it just doesn't compare.
still, it's a permanent keeper, primo condition in and out, reliable as all hell,
and an excellent back up for the -91 against the day something on that superb piece of work happens to go on the fritz...
-

Last edited:
Tagline
---
indeed. though my copy was babied by it's original owner, it is the better part of 30 years old now.

it troops along quite perfectly to this day, at least as good as when new, probably better, since it has been fine-tuned for maximal CD-R compatibility.

i certanly hope it continues on for many years to come, but let's face facts; time in the service shop,
-providing i can find one willing to even touch it- is likely to come in the more nearish future, rather than the preferred distant one, knock on wood to the former, of course...

Last edited: