Crown Macro Reference air filters

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
How's your Krell coming along?
The Krell is sitting here in line too. With the Slow Start board being a bit toasty I may just off the amp for parts. I rebuilt the L & R amp boards but the old shitty wrong skizmo for the slow start is not helping so I may just find a Krell dude and off it.

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
The original Reference 1 was a dual power corded Class A beast. I also believe when they moved to the next generations, they moved away from Class A to a bridged output approach. I think you have one of the successor generation Reference amps.

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
The original Reference 1 was a dual power corded Class A beast. I also believe when they moved to the next generations, they moved away from Class A to a bridged output approach. I think you have one of the successor generation Reference amps.
Most everything I read, never mentioned one way or another. One guy said Class AB. IDK one way or another. The Operator manual and Service manuals may say.

wattsabundant

Chief Journeyman
When I was a bench tech at Sound Values, they literally bought a semi load of crown amps that were pulled from MRI systems. The audio version was the MA10,000. The output would go down well below 1 ohm. It was a bridge amp that had 4 heatsinks for the outputs. As I recall each heatsink had 10 outputs in parallel. I had a cut sheet where they claimed one amp powered the entire 400 speaker PA at Indy. There was lots of protection circuits for R.F suppression and thermal issues. They weighed about 125 pounds and ran on 3 phase 208 volts.

There was so many of the amps that spare parts were not an issue. I just changed out blown outputs and swapped boards.