Cornscalia reviews?

Bradrock

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---I run with Scissors
I think I'm going to get a pair based on Lee & Perry's happiness with them. Mr. Crites seems like a cool guy. Easy to build & not terribly expensive. I could even spread the drivers out over a couple checks.
But I'd like to know what type of music they are best suited for? All I hear you folks talk about is that Sphongoli group.I looked at that youtube link for the new song & i'm not quite sure about that.
Will they rock out some AC/DC Highway to Hell?
How about Pink Floyd?
David Gilmour Guitar solo's like Comfortably Numb?
Decent Bass?

Thanks for anything. I'm going to get some Birch ply soon & make something.

Bradrock

Tagline
---I run with Scissors
OOPS; I thought you had both. I don't think I have a good room for korner horns .

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
I'm of the mind that it doesn't matter what kind of music a GOOD speaker plays, it will sound good. Given that, there are some things certain speaks do better than others. My Ohm Model F's were the cleanest, purest things I had heard until that point but lacked the in your face bass punch of my K's. Then there's Craigs Summits, gobs and gobs of Soundstage with silky smooth mid and highs, but again lacking that in your face bass.
The Cornscalas will be a good speak to see which way you want to go from there. Highly efficient, a 400 should make your ears bleed...

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
I think I'm going to get a pair based on Lee & Perry's happiness with them. Mr. Crites seems like a cool guy. Easy to build & not terribly expensive. I could even spread the drivers out over a couple checks.
But I'd like to know what type of music they are best suited for? All I hear you folks talk about is that Sphongoli group.I looked at that youtube link for the new song & i'm not quite sure about that.
Will they rock out some AC/DC Highway to Hell?
How about Pink Floyd?
David Gilmour Guitar solo's like Comfortably Numb?
Decent Bass?

Thanks for anything. I'm going to get some Birch ply soon & make something.
That makes no sense, you're looking at CornScala's (not cornscalias) but yer gonna get some birch plywood and make something?

If you plan on making you're own, you better get the drivers first. The dimensions are so tight, the difference of front mounting the drivers or inside mounting on the motorboard will matter when trying to get the backs on.

Bradrock

Tagline
---I run with Scissors
I was going to buy his set of drivers & crossovers for type 'B' & build to his plans on his site for type 'B' And use Baltic Birch plywood.
If I decide to build a different speaker, I'll still use the birch plywood.
I'm going to build something ( Speakers) one way or another.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
The routering of the driver insets (inside and outside of the motorboard) are critical. Good luck. I can do some woodworking but he uses a cnc router and if you do it by hand......................

I'd spend the money and have him do the motorboard at the very least. Being its the part everybody sees, one sneeze and they'll look like ass.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
I used rosewood veneer but a high quality ply (not home depot shit) is important. Voids in the ply can make a difference.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
I think there is like 1/16th of an inch between the magnet of the 2" throat horn and the back of the speak so the dimentions are critical.