Cool turntable matte

Northwinds

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
So I have had this insert taken out of a beat Led Zeppelin III album jacket. Kicked around the idea of a wall clock and other ideas but never got to them. Came across it again today and it got me to thinking. If you are familiar with this album, you know there are cutouts on the jacket top that allow you to see different things when you turn the wheel. There is way more artwork on this that you will never see unless the "wheel" is removed

I started to think that possibly this was the intent of the wheel, to use it as a cool turntable matte when not spinning records

Voila, you dig? I think it's even cooler then watching the Vertigo Swirl while playing my UK early Black Sabbath albums

Repurposing the intended purpose so to speak

Last edited:

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
I always wondered what the inner jacket looked like with the wheel removed. I hope you haven't induced any bad karma by doing so. It's sacrilege to modify anything linked to Led Zep. Whatever you do - do not play a Beatles LP on the custom LZ mat backwards.

It is cool-looking.

Nando.

Northwinds

Tagline
I always wondered what the inner jacket looked like with the wheel removed. I hope you haven't induced any bad karma by doing so. It's sacrilege to modify anything linked to Led Zep. Whatever you do - do not play a Beatles LP on the custom LZ mat backwards.

It is cool-looking.

Nando.
No worries on the account Brother :laughing9:

I have an early UK press, US 1st press SD 4 digit and later SD 5 digit version (when Atlantic upped the catalog numbers) in my collection. I bought the record at a tag sale and the record itself was beat on a whim for 25 cents, the jacket had writing on thie inside so the only good thing was the wheel. I carefully removed the brass rivet and kept it mixed in with other various album inserts I have accumulated over the last 35 years. Finally it has a use again besides being stuck in between the pile of photo inserts and posters I have from many beat Beatles White Album's and extra Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon posters LMAO

BubbaH

Tagline
---
No worries on the account Brother :laughing9:

I have an early UK press, US 1st press SD 4 digit and later SD 5 digit version (when Atlantic upped the catalog numbers) in my collection. I bought the record at a tag sale and the record itself was beat on a whim for 25 cents, the jacket had writing on thie inside so the only good thing was the wheel. I carefully removed the brass rivet and kept it mixed in with other various album inserts I have accumulated over the last 35 years. Finally it has a use again besides being stuck in between the pile of photo inserts and posters I have from many beat Beatles White Album's and extra Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon posters LMAO
Sounds like you have a large collection of vinyl. I also keep old inserts and so on from beat up albums. Ive been collecting albums seriously for about 14 years. Im pushing around 1000 now. Im currently in a slump with buying vinyl. Seems like no matter where I go there is nothing that peaks my interest. Im constantly digging for new material, and things I havent heard before, and I still cant seem to come home with more than 1 or 2 at a time. I struggle to do that sometimes. I feel ive shopped my local stores out of things I might like and only wait for used new, and new arrivals. I have gone through spells like this before but not quite as long. Just keep looking I guess. Not into ordering much anymore.

Ben.

Northwinds

Tagline
Hey Ben! Great to meet a fellow collector. I hear you about finding stuff in the wild and stuff in shops is overpriced and crappy condition but that overhead, gotta pay the bills I guess. Scores are far and few between but I will give you an example a recent find, some I am letting go of (had them up on AK) but the Northern Dream ended up a keeper and I recommend it to anyone who digs the old heavy chit. Bill Nelson plays some serious guitar (if your into the Alvin Lee and the like extended jams). I think you can get a drift of the tiny sample of stuff below what I like but rare and obscure Metal is my main focus

If your ever looking for something, shoot me a message. I usually have 1000 records available for sale/trade at anytime. I also have a pretty good rep on AK for what I offer

Always looking for Iron Maiden

Last edited:

BubbaH

Tagline
---
Hey Ben! Great to meet a fellow collector. I hear you about finding stuff in the wild and stuff in shops is overpriced and crappy condition but that overhead, gotta pay the bills I guess. Scores are far and few between but I will give you an example a recent find, some I am letting go of (had them up on AK) but the Northern Dream ended up a keeper and I recommend it to anyone who digs the old heavy chit. Bill Nelson plays some serious guitar (if your into the Alvin Lee and the like extended jams). I think you can get a drift of the tiny sample of stuff below what I like but rare and obscure Metal is my main focus

If your ever looking for something, shoot me a message. I usually have 1000 records available for sale/trade at anytime. I also have a pretty good rep on AK for what I offer

Always looking for Iron Maiden

I can get down with Maiden. Here's one from my collection.

Here's a couple others you might not see everyday.

I think we'll get on just fine you and I.

Im sorry if I missed it in another post but, where ya from?

Ben.

Northwinds

Tagline
Nice , I'll see your AC/DC and raise your Iron Maiden (does not show the complete Canadian discography, American discography or the UK Live After Death I also have). My Rock in Rio was a DJ only set, I would love to get the regular set with the jacket indeed, have not come across it yet. I do have The First 10 Years CD set with all but one of the vouchers for trade, looking for the vinyl set of the same

Yep, we will get along for sure. I hope they have a lot of bandwidth because it looks like you have a sick collection and I want to see MORE

As for the boots, I have A LOT more but my RR's are most treasured

Last edited:

BubbaH

Tagline
---
On the weekend Ill take a pic of my ACDC albums. I dont think its quite the size of your Maiden pic, but I have never layed them all out.

I was recently gifted and have yet to listen to Bon's last show on vinyl.

Just noticing the signed Seventh Son album. Thats probably one of my favorite Maiden albums. Still have yet to find it on vinyl.

Last edited:

Northwinds

Tagline
Wow, that looks tasty! I have a few AC/DC's, mainly Bon era stuff German and Australian/NZ pressings (Albert label). I won the Seventh Son lp in a radio contest up in Maine and got four concert tickets for that tour, got to meet the band, backstage passes etc... still have one unused ticket with the lp

Let me check, I have one or two extra Iron Maiden lps. If I have an extra copy of SSSS, I will hook you up

Last edited:

BubbaH

Tagline
---
Wow, that looks tasty! I have a few AC/DC's, mainly Bon era stuff German and Australian/NZ pressings (Albert label). I won the Seventh Son lp in a radio contest up in Maine and got four concert tickets for that tour, got to meet the band, backstage passes etc... still have one unused ticket with the lp

Let me check, I have one or two extra Iron Maiden lps. If I have an extra copy of SSSS, I will hook you up
Wow very kind offer Northwinds. I should let you know im up in Canada. Shipping can be a bit pricey at times, but i'd be glad to cover the shipping.

Would you be interested in either an MD or Cassette copy of the Capital of Sin LP's?

Ben.

Northwinds

Tagline
Just checked for you Ben, only have an extra US copy of Powerslave, thought I had more. I will definitely keep an eye out for a minty copy for you. As for your offer, thanks much but I have the lp set coming already, I found it on Discogs for $35 and the wife bought it for me, how cool is that?

BubbaH

Tagline
---
Just checked for you Ben, only have an extra US copy of Powerslave, thought I had more. I will definitely keep an eye out for a minty copy for you. As for your offer, thanks much but I have the lp set coming already, I found it on Discogs for $35 and the wife bought it for me, how cool is that?
Very cool. Im sure we'll both enjoy it, whenever either of us get around to listening to it. No worries on the SSSS Northwinds... Was still a very generous offer, and I appreciate it. Are you familiar with any Canadian metal? I think I may have a couple things you may be interested to check out. Thats to say if you havent already heard of them.

Northwinds

Tagline
I have quite a bit of Canadian Metal and Canadian releases but sent you a PM, I am intrigued!!! I can feel the horns raising :toothy10:

BubbaH

Tagline
---
Had some free time so I thought Id snap a pic or two

The ACDC

Thought I'd throw down some Metallica while I was at it.

Ben.

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
I can get down with Maiden. Here's one from my collection.

Here's a couple others you might not see everyday.

I think we'll get on just fine you and I.

Im sorry if I missed it in another post but, where ya from?

Ben.
Kind sir, all I desire is The PLASMATICS!