Comparing decks

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
I have a Nak RX-202, Yamaha K-1000 on my Carver system with Hafler Pre and Norman Lab speakers. I'm listening to Bonamassa Live right now recorded with no NR on a Denon HD-8 on the K-1000 deck. Very clean lot of upmf on the bass but can still hear the high hats. Will try the Nak next. Just put it in the Nak. Have more highs for sure. Lost some of the bass. The Yamaha seemed darker. The Nak is brighter. Have it at the same volume needles barely move. Nak is sounding more well rounded. I know one thing I have to quit burning CDs without putting labels on them. LOL I may have to try the Phoenix Blue label. I have one left I think. Yes I found it. Will try it later. We be jammin right now.

Well I'm back. Just put the tape into the Yamaha KX-1200 on the Creek system. With the Epos 16s. Sounds very well rounded. Just the right mixture. Very clear sounding. Might be why I like this system. This Bonamassa tape is very good. Will be doing some work in this room tomorrow. Might take my LX-3 off the market and put the Yamaha K-960 on the market. Time will tell. There is a definite difference in the systems. I didn't record this one hot even. Tomorrow will be the tubes and probably change out the ICs to the deck on the tubes. You can tell it takes a little more power to push the Epos. Just ordered 4 pair of Tara Labs not the ones I use though. I'm having fun tonight. Looking at my Norman Labs thinking I may have to go to DC and check some speakers out. Well it is almost 10 pm here . Time to shut it down after this tape is done. Wish I could share this with you guys. This is what music is all about. He is making the guitar sing. More tomorrow.

Larry