Classic Infinty Crossover level controls

Dchristie

New Around These Parts
Tagline
-Life is what you do between your plans--
My brother recently gave me a pair of Infinity Qa speakers and I have decided to update them to the Qb model. Picked up a couple of Phillips 5060 mids on Ebay and also have a detailed schematic of the Qb crossover. Most of the parts for the xover are readily available but I am having a devil of a time finding the 5 ohm 15 or 20 watt level controls for the mid and tweeters that Infinity used in a number of their classic speaker models. :confused3: Does anyone know a source for these or can any 5 ohm potentiometer or rheostat be used as long as it has the watt capability ( > 5 watts at least). Noticed there are some wirewounds on Ebay but I am not versed on the difference between level controls on speakers ( like my Infinities) and general potentiometers and rheostats.

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
I have a pair of SM-122 crossovers with a pair of rheostats on each. Different sizes, don't know the Ω but they seem big enough to be 15-20w or more. I didn't find info on the with a quick web search and looking at the units it will take a bit for me to measure them. But if these have something that will work...

Dchristie

New Around These Parts
Tagline
-Life is what you do between your plans--
Thanks so much for your reply. The schematic of the crossover for the SM-122 speaker shows the smaller level control to be 5 ohm, 5 watt and the larger rheostat to be 5 ohm 15 watt.

So, they will work for me and if you want to let them go, I could use all 4 of them .

Just let me know what you want for them.

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
PM sent, but I forget to add that an email address will get you FREE pictures of the items.