Check these cheesy F&^%$ dicks out!!!

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
C'mon MAN!!!! Really????? IC's??? REALLY???? No shielding, single conductor signal wire of maybe 30 gauge, loose wire wrapped haphaxzardly around the LOOSE insulation for the signal wire for the ground wire.....CHEESEDICK!!!

Attachments

Last edited:

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Someone on AK builds em and sells em. These were sent to me for evaluation....

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
The signal wire is run through loose fitting insulation, then the ground wire is wrapped around that , then both are pushed through a tube. Now, unless that tube exhibits magical powers of warding off induction at randoms.....man....this can't be right.....

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Well, we have the technology and the equipment to actually see what they can or won't pick up.....maybe I should keep my mouth shut till I do that......

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Very true Laz, but I think there are certain things you can infer just from the construction...

NavLinear

Veteran and General Yakker
Navo!!! Any "magic tube" you aware of???
I've seen sleeving that incorporates a shield but I've never used anything like this for work or DIY. I prefer the M27500 series of cable that has insulated conductor wire(s) a shield and an outer insulator. Metal foil wrapped around the insulated conductors or braid works for me. EMI testing to meet naval ship standards is quite stringent.

gadget73

Journeyman
Tagline
---
I've seen some cables constructed in ways that I'd consider to be crappy, but people swore by them. Then again, when you think about it, telephone systems ran miles and miles of nothing more than twisted pair wire and landline phones worked fine. The twist will tend to cancel out noise, though usually you need a fairly regular twist pattern for it to work right. I don't think it has to be anything particularly specific, it just needs to be consistent.