Carver power switch doesn't hold in on position

oldphaser

Chief Journeyman
Frank,

Unfortunately, it appears that Carver C-4000 service manual does not include a parts list.

It has been a while since I owned a Carver C-4000.

Also it appears that the switch you show on ebay is very similar to the power switch Phase Linear used in some of their products.

Perhaps WOPL Sniffer (Perry) can be of some assistance. He has worked on a few C-4000's in the last few years.

Could you provide us with a photo of the power switch you have in your C-4000?

Is the one on ebay not exactly the same or just too expensive?

Ed

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Is the spring or other part broken or not connected properly?

Can you post a picture of it?

Last edited:

frankmarsi

New Around These Parts
Tagline
---
Is the spring or other part broken or not connected properly?

Can you post a picture of it?

The power switch will rarely if ever hold itself in the 'on' position so, I by-pass it. I'm using a power-strip.

It's difficult to show it as I haven't unmounted it because the pre-amp has every input and output being utilized: 2 tape decks, 3 turntables, 2 SUT's, a tuner and 2 CD's. I would be like a life's upheaval to disassemble.
I'm trying to ascertain the correct part number for a replacement switch. It could be a TV3 or a TV5. There isn't any parts list so, I'm not certain until I pull the old one out or asking if anyone knows from their own experience.

Last edited:

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
The power switch will rarely if ever hold itself in the 'on' position so, I by-pass it. I'm using a power-strip.

It's difficult to show it as I haven't unmounted it because the pre-amp has every input and output being utilized: 2 tape decks, 3 turntables, 2 SUT's, a tuner and 2 CD's. I would be like a life's upheaval to disassemble.
I'm trying to ascertain the correct part number for a replacement switch. It could be a TV3 or a TV5. There isn't any parts list so, I'm not certain until I pull the old one out or asking if anyone knows from their own experience.

That TV3 will work fine. Just use both sets of inputs and put a snubber across it. I mocked up this new switch to show you. You use both sets of contacts and your switch will now outlast all of us. If you ever want to bring that 4000 to the next level, I have made leaps into getting them to work (the 4000t/C4000) like a new unit or better. I have power supply upgrades, Sonic Holography improvements (Gundry Notch filter), and adjustable Gain Board and of course, new audio grade cap upgrades. And a remote volume if you fancy that shit......

I also have a Beautiful 4000t for sale I just upgraded if you want a REAL jump. Thanks

Perry

Attachments

frankmarsi

New Around These Parts
Tagline
---
Holy-Moley, that's in terrific condition. I've attempted to win one on the auction site but, I always seem to be under-bid.
I feel I'd rather have the improved effects the 'T' offers as compared to the regular C-4000 that I own.
Enjoy that one it looks very clean.

FM