Carver Model 900 Receiver

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
The next door neighbor here in Phoenix had a non-working Model 900. After approx 30 seconds I had it working. It was missing the pre out/main in jumpers. I subbed in a patch cord and when I get home will send them some proper jumpers. I had built ten sets last year when I had to build a set for the 3300 Ser II.

Pics when I get home tonight.

They also had a B & O turntable with the the smallest headshell I've ever seen.

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
Hey did you buy it all? Did you get the B&O cables. I have a new pair some where. If I remember right. The connections are different. On the TTs I think they are a little over rated. Other things I like very much. When was the receiver built? Remember some things Carver farmed out to Japanese companies. Like their tape decks. Their tuners are very nice. I never heard or have seen a receiver.

Larry

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
No Larrt, nothing was for sale other than the Akai M8. That was the first time I had seen this particular receiver in the wild also.

jbeckva

Admin/Server Dude MAA Guy
Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
Hmmm ..

I guess it is a true fact that some folks out there won't realize the purpose of those jumpers, then actually pull some real nice receiver, amp or whatever out of a thrift store and put it up for sale on ebay or something as not working (and at a significantly lower price).

I always figured that it would be on the other side of the spectrum - they'd list the unit as not working but ALSO give you a pic of the back end. You spot the missing jumpers and immediately think "wow man, am I going to get a deal". So you get it at a low (but not spectacularly low) price, get it home, and guess what? Turns out you open it up and find it gutted out.

As that dude Lee turned me onto said... "Ponderous.. truely Ponderous"... hmmmmm...