Carver C4000 Preamp Help....!

mudshark

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
LOWTECH REDNECK
This sounds like one of those stories that can't be told. So what happened????? :shaking2: :confused1: :shaking2:

OH .... Thats where he stole the margerine, wettled on the bingo cards and blew up the latren ...... Hope that helps .... LOL
probably not HAHAHA His statement made me think, funny where the mind wanders when its unattended LOL

nadude98

Journeyman
Tagline
---
I believe that he's not sure what he should do.

Typically with capacitors you can up the voltage without compromising the circuit - changing the value is a different issue. I would suggest replacing the electrolytic capacitors with Wima because the capacitors you want to replace are in the signal path. I'll go out on a limb here but I'd guess that the caps you're replacing are radial so the spacing can be an issue with the Wima capacitors as the ones stocked by Mouser generally have short legs.
That's the problem.. not sure what to do.. in the searches and reading I've done I recall someone said you shouldn't up the voltage on electrolytic caps in the signal path.. yes they are radials. Again the schematic calls for polarized and I'm not comfortable just changing things like that without asking for guidance from someone more knowledgeable than I am.. Methinks that is all of you! :hello1: