Bought a Pioneer PD-F407 cheap...part is dangling, no screw I gather, can't play...

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
I think I know where it should go in based on the exploded diagram but I also figure that the right hinge of the door was attached, part of that too...otherwise it flashes an error message I cannot manage to read because of that.

Think it can be put back together...there looks to be a sensor attached related to the door ass'y that would be triggering that error message.

Gonna attach a PDF of the SM and a picture or two in a minute. View attachment hfe_pioneer_pd-f407_f507_f607_service.pdf

orange

Tagline
It's gotta come apart some to fix that s I'm going to take my time, but if I can find photos of the mechanism to guide me it would really help.

orange

Tagline
I figure that is goes inside the metal cage as part of the hinge on that side and it possibly pivots with that when the door opens and closes, I just have to look at it and then figure how it gets attached. That should be on page four of the SM I attached by the way.

orange

Tagline
I think the part in question is in the diagram on page four of the PDF and more of the door ass'y on six.

The other thing to figure out is where the SPRING goes...I wonder if a part is missing. I may have to ask Pioneer.

Last edited:

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
I bet Master Tasuke will be along shortly to help ya out!

One ringy dingy, hello John, two ringy dingy, snort! Hello is the the party to whom I am speaking with? :happy2: