BOSE 901 Series VI weird dilemma!

Tagline
---
Folks, I got these 901 speakers from a friend of mine with the tulip stands and the active eq. The speakers looks new, with all surroundings intact but suddenly the left speaker start sounding awful and distorted. I checked the speakers but there's not much to check: no crossover, only drivers and wires. The thing is that when I turn the speaker upside down it starts sounding ok again! Could it be a loose connection?

Even at BOSE never heard about it!

El Magnifico

Northwinds

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
Recap the active eq, they go bad. Sounds like one of the speaker connectors attached tot he individual drivers might be loose if you flip it over and it sounds ok???

BubbaH

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
When I foamed the drivers in my series V's I soldered all the connections on the drivers. They come wound.

My brother has VI's and one of the cabs for sure has a bad driver in it. Just sayin.

Tagline
---
Recap the active eq, they go bad. Sounds like one of the speaker connectors attached tot he individual drivers might be loose if you flip it over and it sounds ok???
The EQ is perfect. The problem is the speaker and it's not the binding post. I'm suspecting it is a bad driver... My Carver has a "external processor" loop. That's where the eq is connected to. In or Out, the speaker behaves the same. Eventually, it must be recapped though.