Best Vinyl sellers on eBay

J!m

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
BOT
This thread is initially and inquiry- who have you dealt with on eBay, that you would recommend as a solid source for Vinyl. By that I mean: fair pricing, accurate grading, good customer service and communication. It will evolve (devolve?) into a list of those whom we have actually dealt with, and had a good experience. I think it'll be handy for future reference. Maybe a sticky? Do we do that here???

I am considering going this route, because Discogs is generally too expensive (everything is rare and mint) and eBay is just easier for me, but it can be a minefield. I plan to buy a few records a year- not hundreds- I am particular about what I buy on vinyl these days, but I have stumbled across one seller that seems solid- proper mailing boxes and ultrasonic cleaning of all records (unless sealed) with visual grading on all and play grading on some (according to his listings). He's using a Micro table, which is probably why he came up in an unrelated search, but I'm okay with that.

He also takes offers on many of his titles and has some that others don't- older Jazz records in particular are in my wheelhouse for acquisition. I have some in my cart now, to request a total/discount to see where that goes but I figured I'd ask the question before dropping any coin with anyone out there.

Thanks!

e30m3mon

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
---
This thread is initially and inquiry- who have you dealt with on eBay, that you would recommend as a solid source for Vinyl. By that I mean: fair pricing, accurate grading, good customer service and communication. It will evolve (devolve?) into a list of those whom we have actually dealt with, and had a good experience. I think it'll be handy for future reference. Maybe a sticky? Do we do that here???

I am considering going this route, because Discogs is generally too expensive (everything is rare and mint) and eBay is just easier for me, but it can be a minefield. I plan to buy a few records a year- not hundreds- I am particular about what I buy on vinyl these days, but I have stumbled across one seller that seems solid- proper mailing boxes and ultrasonic cleaning of all records (unless sealed) with visual grading on all and play grading on some (according to his listings). He's using a Micro table, which is probably why he came up in an unrelated search, but I'm okay with that.

He also takes offers on many of his titles and has some that others don't- older Jazz records in particular are in my wheelhouse for acquisition. I have some in my cart now, to request a total/discount to see where that goes but I figured I'd ask the question before dropping any coin with anyone out there.

Thanks!
What older-jazz is in your scope of interest ? I have a bunch of (old) vinyl. IMG_6254 Medium.jpeg

Bob Boyer

Tagline
---
Lemme call my stoner vinyl guy's brother (who owns a used bookstore down near the river) knows if he's still selling on ebay. His grading is good and prices aren't unreasonable. I haven't bought anything from Chad in years as his good stuff goes on ebay now and I have most everything I want anyway. But I'll check.

J!m

Tagline
BOT
Cool.

I may take the risk. I want to get a copy of Manassas and he has one along with some other stuff that looks interesting… I may try a smaller order and see how it goes.

Bob Boyer

Tagline
---
I've got a call into Chad. There's no "Chad's Records" store listing on ebay so I'll need to talk to him directly to find out if/how he sells on ebay or elsewhere. Hopefully, he'll call back. Not holding my breath but he does do a good job of finding good quality vinyl.

J!m

Tagline
BOT
That’s appreciated.

I haven’t placed my small order yet- just ordered shades for the bedroom for $300.