Anyone else having this problem? JERRY, THIS IS FOR YOU!

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Windows 7 IE 11.

Fully updated AFAIK

When I post the software doesn't seem to register or respond initially and then I'll get told this is a duplicate of a post you made in the last five minutes. It is posted at that point.

When I send a PM it apparently SENDS it but gives me back the error message that I have to wait 60 second to post another PM...I didn't double post nor did I send another DIFFERENT PM.

If I open sent messages in a new window I can usually see I've sent the PM.

This has been happening for 1-2 weeks now and isn't happening on any other vBulletin forum I post to. I post to a 4.2.x (1 or 2, have to look) and the corporate version of 3 Internet Brands uses (they also own vB).

I post to a XenForo forum, phpBB that's maybe 11-12 years old and has no PM system to control spam through the owner's account for notifications (like Craigslist used to) and I've probably used every ancient relic of a forums software platform since USENET.

To be fair I will try this with Firefox 57 on this machine, Emily doesn't have FF but Alison and Linnea/Quigley does (Linux Mint) and Emily did for a while as Maxine when I did a brain transplant.

And sometimes if I bring it up she behaves (but my cat listens better).