Any Vangelis fans here?

Been following Dr Mix's channel since its' inception and it's been fun to watch it grow and expand into what it is today.
His new studio is just an analogue synth-lovers wet dream. All that gear! Drool

Anyway, as someone who's been noodling around with synths since my teens and also a big fan of Bladerunner I absolutely love what he's done in his latest video.
Replicating such a complex Vangelis masterpiece, all those layers and specific sounds is no mean feat but he makes it look like a piece of pi$$. Really impressive.

I have a little Roland collection stored at my place in the UK including 2x Jupiter 8's (non-functioning), a Juno106, Juno60, JX8P, 2x SH101's as well as some ancillary gear including a TB303 though no TR808 sadly, CV/gate-MIDI boxes, mixers etc.
It all needs re-furbing to different degrees. Mostly the VCO's go out of tune and keys stop registering presses. If I can get the Jupiters back into operational condition they should be worth quite a bit these days. Something for later.

I also got into sampling with an Ensoniq Mirage although its' built-in floppy DD wasn't working last time I cranked it up about 10 years ago.
Ableton, Kontakt et al are a lot of fun to use and my Yamaha MX88 serves as the master keyboard for the DAWs these days.
There's nothing like noodling around on an old Moog or Roland however!

I toyed with the idea of getting into Eurorack as there is a whole subculture/industry for analogue modular synths and effects now. But there just aren't enough hours in the day. lol

Last edited: