Another Skynyrd Legend is gone at 68...

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Ed King passed from cancer https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...-at-68-714847/

King was a member of Strawberry Alarm Clock and co-wrote Incense and Peppermints. He joined Skynyrd in 1972 and wrote or co-wrote several more legendary songs for them including Sweet Home Alabama.

He left the group a couple years ahead of the plane crash that killed many of the members but not the spirit of Lynyrd Skynyrd and rejoined until congestive heart failure forced him to retire in 1996.

King was part of the massive three guitar attack sound that would come to define harder Southern Rock. His replacement when he first left was Steve Gaines, another true guitar legend who was beginning to make himself known when he died in the crash. at 68.

Click the picture and get taken to a 2017 article about King, if you don't wanna go don't click, that's the way I found it.

Last edited:

Northwinds

Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
What a bummer, seeing this shit just reminds me my number is coming up but what can you do? Just live life like you stole it!

MarkWComer

Tagline
Victim of the record bug since age five
What a bummer, seeing this shit just reminds me my number is coming up but what can you do? Just live life like you stole it!
I joined FB a little more than a year ago to see if I could find some old cohorts. It's more an obituary column than social media...

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
I just read my local paper.

Online, it's not worth a buck.