Alex Trebek has Stage 4 pancreatic cancer and he's straight up.

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/je...cer/ar-BBUsYwW

The legendary host of game shows and current host of Jeopardy is upbeat, says he has to beat it, he just signed on for 3 more years on Jeopardy...well, that's Alex.

Stage 4 is when the cancer has spread to other parts of the body and is really hard to stop, it's probably terminal.

Bradrock

Tagline
---I run with Scissors
No probably Orange. It's a death sentence. One of my wife's sisters passed two years ago yesterday from it.
Her husband was long time very highly respected vascular surgeon. When the hospital said there was a waiting list for surgery , he said BS & brought in his own team of surgeons & rented a surgical suite. They took out so much organ material trying to catch it that body functions like digesting had to be artificial. Tiny bites throughout the day. Trying to keep some nutrition.
Anyhow, with the best of the best & married to an expert with connections she lasted two years. Constant nausea & misery. It's really awful.

orange

Tagline
I don't doubt it at all...at least he's had a long life.

Bradrock

Tagline
---I run with Scissors
I wonder if he will get his care in the states or in Canada.
It's called the 'Whipple Procedure' if your interested.
I don't like misery. I'd probably pop a cap.
She thought about going to Oregon or someplace where doctor assisted is legal. But they were devout Catholics & it's a no no.She was a nurse big in the diabetes field & was even invited to the White House when they were doing Obamacare to help. These folks had BIG connections.
She was diagnosed two damn months after they had retired to a beautiful home right on Lake Michigan.

orange

Tagline
My dad's lung cancer was diagnosed the day after he retired...don't f$(*ing retire.

Bradrock

Tagline
---I run with Scissors
Too late. Already did & now I've been fighting bladder cancer for five years......................

orange

Tagline
Aw, sheet...I took pills for my diabetes for several years and pray that doesn't happen.

Do NOT read our obituaries. More obits than news.