ADC Sound Shaper Three MKII

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
I just got my ADC un-boxed and since I have work showing up later this week (a PL1100, and a Nakamichi Dragon, and a PL4000 series II) I decided to tear into it while I have a few days. It has a dorked up handle so I ordered custom made handles (2 chrome and 2 black) for it. They are 105mm center to center so nothing I had in stock would fit (figures).... They'll be here in about 2 weeks. I am almost finished with the recap except for the oddball 1.5uf caps. Got's to get a hand full. Sucks since this will probably be the only other time I'll need that size. I also ordered a set of red and a set of green LED's for the sliders. The other models don't have LED's in the sliders but this model does (it's got an on/off switch on the back for the slider LED's). A couple of the LED's are going dim so it's time for a new set. I was just looking at my rack and I'm not sure there is enough room for this EQ so I'll kick myself in the ass for selling the C-1 pre and replacing it with this huge 4000t..... Any-Hoo, I was worried about the SS3 face plate since the dude had a broke ass flip phone he was taking pics with but I pulled it off, scrubbed the scuzz off it with some 409. It needs another scrubbing but it is near perfect. Tomorrow I'll clean and lube a couple dozen slider pots, clean and lube some switches and get it ready for reassembly. Damn, 1.5uf caps??? sheeeet.......

Pics coming.... I know..... Who cares right???

Juikster

New Around These Parts
Tagline
---
Looks like you got them ducks walking in a straight line now.... So selling the C-1 was not a good idea?.... How hard are they to come by? They must be a good pre...! figure I better stop by and not be a stranger.....heh...heh.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Looks like you got them ducks walking in a straight line now.... So selling the C-1 was not a good idea?.... How hard are they to come by? They must be a good pre...! figure I better stop by and not be a stranger.....heh...heh.

The C-1 I reworked from top to bottom, same as the 4000t. I like the looks of the 4000t better and it has a couple more bells and whistles but they are both awesome when reworked to get rid of some of the old bones.... Good to see you again Ronnie How's the WOPL's???

Juikster

New Around These Parts
Tagline
---
The C-1 I reworked from top to bottom, same as the 4000t. I like the looks of the 4000t better and it has a couple more bells and whistles but they are both awesome when reworked to get rid of some of the old bones.... Good to see you again Ronnie How's the WOPL's???
been working on some Sheetrock lately,floors,kitchen stuff. the wopl,s are on my back burners for now but was wondering about a reworked 4000t down the road. Know your busy lately so let me know. Guessing it would work with the wopl,s. Your thoughts....

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
been working on some Sheetrock lately,floors,kitchen stuff. the wopl,s are on my back burners for now but was wondering about a reworked 4000t down the road. Know your busy lately so let me know. Guessing it would work with the wopl,s. Your thoughts....

That's what I'm running. They are hard to find at times so you better start looking :)

I always got time to do a build for you Ronnie