ACC

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
Sitting here thinking how much of a difference it is. So would the Oppo be an Acc.? Gotta say I like the sound of the Cirrus DAC. Need to find my HDMI cord. Or is the DAC in it an Acc.? I had read they are better than the Burr Brown DAC. So what is an Acc.?

Larry

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
The ignition position on older cars that allowed you turn the car off and run the stereo straight from the battery.

Also Atlantic Coast Conference.

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
As stuwee would tell you, "It's a matching purse to go along with the shoes. silly!"

Nando.

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Cirrus Logic CS4360 DAC chipset. Oppo chose not to use a brickwall digital filter. Instead they rely on the analog filter built into the Cirrus DAC."

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
Here is a quick thought. Just one system. How much do you have in the system? How much do you have in ICs, power cords and speaker cables not wire? I don't want to hear Monster. I own them for testing as they are crap. Not making fun. I'll give an analogy for you. You have a Vette it needs tires. Would you go to Pep boys and get their 49.99 tire for it? I have a spool of 12 ga OFC in my closet. I have spades, pins, and bananas. I have built all of these things. I just don't get the I have 10,000.00 in a system and 50.00 in wires. You can convince yourself all day long that they don't make a difference. Oh well you will never know the capability of your system till you try. If it sounds good enough with what you have that is ok too. If you keep spending big bucks to upgrade components then I guess it is your money. A fool and his money is soon parted. My Mother taught me that. Take 400.00 out of that old moldy wallet and buy some used speaker cables. Go to an audio shop and ask to try some out. You may have to do a deposit. Dude if they want a sale they will let you. Preferably you want them burned in.Not criticizing. Just trying to get a point across. Does anyone agree with me or am I talking to myself. Do you really think I would load you with a lot of BS?