700B refurbish gone bad

yeliab1

New Around These Parts
Tagline
Too much is just about right
I sent my 700B off to a "reputable business" to be refurbished. I had it re-capped, and protection board installed. I've used it @ an hour and the right channel is failing. At anything over 1/2 volume, the channel is raspy, and sounds like the back is coming off the cabinet.
I got in touch with the guys that worked on it, and they say I used 200 watts for 10 seconds and blew the fuses on this channel.
Any ideas as to what is wrong, and how to proceed? In retrospect, I wish I would have sent it to someone on this board, but I found this site well after I had sent it out.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Check the 5 amp rail fuses and post a pic of the fuse so we can see its condition. Depending on what it looks like will determine which way we go. Is it completely stock?? 200 watts ain't shit for a 700, they can do that 24/7/365....

yeliab1

New Around These Parts
Tagline
Too much is just about right
Check the 5 amp rail fuses and post a pic of the fuse so we can see its condition. Depending on what it looks like will determine which way we go. Is it completely stock?? 200 watts ain't shit for a 700, they can do that 24/7/365....
Yes, stock amp. It always worked fine and thought I'd have it "gone through". I appears I took the wrong approach.
I'll look the fuses over when I get to the house. It's a long way to ship this, but I understand that you are "the guy" to have do repairs. I wish I'd have spent my money with you.
Thanks for the reply.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Welcome. I fix stockers too. Also have a special shipping case built just for Pl amps.

Northwinds

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
I doubt the fuses are popped, otherwise you would not have heard "raspy". Bias bad??? Lee will get you straight and do it RIGHT