700 ll Upgrades for now

Dnspy007

New Around These Parts
I wasn't going to start a thread this early, I'm still a few weeks from ready, but Man, This week has been like Christmas. I got me some new toys and I'm sure, you know how exciting that can be. So I jumped the gun on this.....
Here's the patient
20231117_190613.jpg 20231117_194213.jpg 20231118_213135.jpg 20231119_070843.jpg

Like everyone here says, If your gonna play a vintage 700 or 400 (still working) The first thing, You need to install a Speaker Relay Board.
I'm now a proud owner of one, Thanks to Don at WattsAbundant.

700 Relay.jpg

I would also like to thank Joe, for The WhiteOak Cylon meter board kits that arrived this week

Cylon Boards.jpg

I've read the threads on 700 builds. A lot of talent and knowledge here. Please Feel free to chime in with helpful advice, Hints, Tips, Tricks and of course criticism....:p

Thanks

mlucitt

Veteran and General Yakker
That PL700 has seen several upgrades and by the sticker on the right side of the chassis, it looks to be part of a large order, most likely for a professional sound reinforcement company. I would say it was from Clair Bros. Audio, but their Faceplates were black with their name on them. However, the Faceplate could have been replaced at some point. If the chassis is steel (you can check with a magnet), then it is likely a Clair Bros Audio unit. It would not surprise me because the Clair Bros. amps I worked on had pretty rough Faceplates due to years of hard use.

Very clean inside, but that might be your effort. Do you know the history of this amplifier?