Trolling head-fi again.

J!m

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
BOT
All joking aside I’d hate those if I could afford them. Over 10dB swing in the response for “tuning” is not going to work for both orchestral/choral, pipe organ, jazz trio and arena rock. That bias hump/dip will affect everything put through it.

No friggin thanks jackass.

The three aspects I quoted in my head-fi post are some of the most questionable I've ever seen for any headphones, ever.

• $38k
  • 'Best ear in the business' - (hilarious) which derives from head-fi reviewer 'Goldensound', which in turn derives the endorsment name/moniker for this set;
  • 'Golden sound'

The whole value-proposition is retarded beyond comprehension.
Product development has been an integral part of my career but I've never seen anything as balls-out spurious, presumptious and entitled as this!

My only conclusion is that they're trying to hang on to the coat-tails of the Sennheiser Orpheus system that was doing the rounds of headphone shows for the past couple of years. That's a $50k system where true, somewhat verifiable and somewhat value-driven engineering and development has gone into it by a well known and established company. Still, $50k though?
For reference:

Warwick are asking $38k for their set with a headphone that has electrostatic drivers (really nothing new there and probably only mildly 'developed' to suit the design, adorned with nasty, tacky -looking gold bits and endorsed by 'Goldenshowers' ... whoops, I mean 'Goldensound' and an amp/DAC that looks like a generic Chinesium box with what looks like a really shitty, small Chinesium OLED screen with crap graphics and internals/electronics which propose nothing new or ground-breaking.

Idiots will buy it.

Miracle Mile

Idiots will buy it....
Ach, De meeste idioten die allang rijp zijn voor een gehoorapparaat kopen / geloven in dit soort rotzooi.

Ga godverdomme muziek luisteren met je oren, en vooral met je gevoel.

Most people at an age (and probably with a hearing problem according to their age) with too much money will buy this kind of
crap perhaps..

Waste of time.

Last edited:

Miracle Mile

Sidenote to my last post (and strictly personal from my point of view) :

Most of the people with a big mouth (again: at an age with a hearing problem) can't play a single note on an instrument or haven't seen a decent recording studio to work in, so I'm getting a bit bored about this kind of bullshit on forums you reffering to, with mostly nerds as members...

Last edited:

J!m

Tagline
BOT
You know my stand.

like you I’ve done my time on the field, on stage, in the studio etc and I know how instruments are supposed to sound. Don’t feed me a frequency response curve that looks like a seismograph output and tell me it’s tuned. It might sound “pleasant” with a target tune but complete crap otherwise.

And it’s not a subtle bump! That swing is TEN DECIBELS!!!!! Massive! That’s possibly worse than the response curve of the computer speakers on my desk!

Well, I didn't get a ban, suprisingly. My post was removed though, predictably, along with a couple of other negative-leaning posts from others..
Lame.

Also, predictably, comparisons are being made with the Sennheiser set.
Imo they're not even in the same ballpark and I haven't even listened to the GoldenShowers set! The HE1 which I have listened to when I visited Tullamore actually sounds glorious while the GoldenShowers FR curve looks like it would sound like listening through two toilet roll tubes.