Totally gratuitous self-promotion. But maybe justified....

Hope this counts as a 'review' ...of sorts.
I get a lot of positive feedback from customers who buy my cables, which is nice of course. But today I got a feedback that tops them all.
Whether it's just perception, placebo or actually a real 'thing', cables can definitely make a difference when listening to music. So when someone messaged me today to say that he perceived improvements when listening to 'Time' by Pink Floyd I was pleased as punch! For me, as a huge PF fan it's mission accomplished!
He bought one of my 'Mamba' power cables which have a braided 3-cable geometry. CMRR is the main design aspect as implemented via the braid - it mitigates external noise and is actually a real/measurable thing.
Anyway, it's warmed the cockles enough to break out a coupla Guinesses. Midweek madness.
Translation below the screenshot.
:D

0863_2.png

'Ordered the [Black] Mamba from Chris. The cable was delivered to my home on time and nicely packaged.
Connected it immediately and went to listen for a while. Right on target! The cable delivered what I expected: peace in the overall soundscape and the fine details come into their own better. For example, in the song "Time" by Pink Floyd / SACD Dark Side of the Moon, the many different bells and chimes are now clearly distinguishable. The lowest bass remains clear and retains its 'contours'! After listening for about three weeks, the overall impression remains: the cable provides pleasant detailing in a balanced soundscape. Some CDs seem more fun to listen to than I remembered. That is a wonderful compliment for Chris and the cable. Extra praise for the 2 super nice and solid plugs! I am happy with it! Greetings Maarten'

09 (1)_1.JPG

Hexis22

Chief Journeyman
Congrats, that’s a fine looking cable.

Although cables within the audio world can be a very controversial topic and somewhat dependent on your specific equipment, I have experienced audible improvements with similar cables (same connector shells and braided construction).

I would have tried your power cables if I did not already have my main system setup to my liking.

J!m

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
BOT
That cable looks fine but what about in the wall from the panel to the outlet? How about that outlet and how it’s terminated on that supply line?

Back wiring was popular for a while (until a few homes burned down) where the solid copper was jammed into the rear of the outlet and grabbed by a barb to make the connection.

That cable looks fine but what about in the wall from the panel to the outlet? How about that outlet and how it’s terminated on that supply line?

Back wiring was popular for a while (until a few homes burned down) where the solid copper was jammed into the rear of the outlet and grabbed by a barb to make the connection.
The CMRR in the cable is only going to mitigate noise around it of course, not through it.
Most folks over here in the EU are placing these behind multi-socket noise-filters behind the wall outlet however.
PS Audio boxes seem to be a popular choice and Paul's take on braided cables was part of the inpiration for making these. I knew I could make them for a lot less than AQ and be just as effective.

Hexis22

Chief Journeyman
I view cables as a final refinement or tweak to an overall audio “system” (power conditioner, source, pre, amp, speakers and placement, room treatment, cables).

Once you have carefully selected compatible system components based on functionality and price, choosing a well engineered cable based on wire gauge, construction, and connectors, can add that final touch to finish off a “system”.

Once completed, wash and repeat with the latest technology or desire…