BIG METERS, What to do with them.

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
I found these 2 new meters from an alignment machine, never been used and since my Family Room is gonna be retro style with old stereo stuff and pub table and chairs, I'd like to incorporate these meter somehow. I can paint the meter faces inside and i have LED's for lighting them. Any ideas are welcome but I was thinking of making a lite up fixture that would hold an album cover when I have the record on the turn table so if you needed to look at the song lineup and find the '"ONE HIT" on the one hit wonder album or I can display a couple cool albums like the Molly Hatchet cover art done by Frazetta or maybe Iron Maiden's Eddie done by Riggs....... These meters are 8" tall x 10" wide and if it matters, they are real meters so if we look at the left and right deflection voltage/current and give my stoner buddies something to watch since they are too stoned to work the TV Remote The best "IDEA" somebody can come up with will win a woopie cushion and a back issue of better homes and gardens.
............................ Hmmmmmmm

BIG METERS.jpg

mlucitt

I would make the left one "Left Skating Force" and "Right Skating Force". The one on the right is not symmetrical, so maybe "Tonearm Up" and "Tonearm Down". You will have to design the sensors to actuate the meters.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
I would make the left one "Left Skating Force" and "Right Skating Force". The one on the right is not symmetrical, so maybe "Tonearm Up" and "Tonearm Down". You will have to design the sensors to actuate the meters.
Good idea Mark butt too complicated. Maybe a Clap On, Clap Off would do some shit man... :)