what are you listening to?

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
The load (not car) listed above had the first Gorillaz CD in it and the neighbor kid (10 years my junior) recognized the tune "Clint Eastwood." I didn't. He says he bought the cd back in the day and only liked that one tune. Learned they were a cartoon character band, explaining the look of the music video. I like the other Gorillaz' CDs i have better than this one.

Anyway, I'll be putting in a new load tomorrow when I fire up the rig again.

Bob Boyer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
IMG_3760.jpg

Pretty sure I've mentioned the Hoodoo Men - Bill Steber and Sammy Baker - before, but now I'm happy to say that Bill and Sammy will be opening my 2024-25 UTC Live! season with a HooDoo Men Halloween show. Actually, Bill will be on campus all week as he is an award-winning photojournalist who has been documenting Mississippi Delta blues musicians and juke joints for over 30 years, sometimes using ancient tintype photographic processes.

We'll be working with our Communications students - the Rising Rock class will document him making a tintype photo of the Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum's 4501 steam locomotive and the Photojournalism II students will work with him to develop some photo-stories of work in TVRRM's maintenance facility, along with speaking with a number of history, anthropology, and literature classes before working with our music composition students. Among other activities. We'll have a large part of his recent Baldwin Gallery exhibit on campus so our students get a feel for this subject.

If you're interested, here's a link to Bill's exhibit (it's now down but coming to us and then to Mississippi State for a large exhibit in the spring of 2025. The photos are amazing, plus each one has an interview or song attached to it - it's interactive: https://www.baldwinphotogallery.com/copy-of-exhibitions

And here's some info on Bill and his research, courtesy of Country Blues magazine: https://www.thecountryblues.com/artist-reviews/bill-steber/

And so you get a feel for his point of view, here's his web site. The cover photo is just killer: http://www.steberphoto.com/

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
Another load
Klute - No One's Listening Anymore disc 2
Kate Bush - Aerial did A Sea of Honey last time this is the second disc A Sky of Honey
LCD Soundsystem - Sound Of Silver
Lee Morgan - Sonic Boom
Logistics - Electric Sun

Local artists...well a college buddy's kid, band is REZN and they play Heavy Psych, Stoner Rock, Doom Metal, A Cosmic Doom band from Chicago. Rob, guitar and vocals, grew up in Leesburg, VA and I've been going with his family to the beach each year for over 20 years so I have watched him and his brother, two cousins grow up. Putting out 500 copies of the albums in some interesting color combos. Now touring the world warming up for some other bands. Here he is in 2007 at the beach. And their website. Get you some swag. But look up the band name as a stock symbol. They did not know. REZN | Chicago Heavy Psych

IMG_0838.JPG

Last edited:

J!m

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
BOT
I like it but that drum sound is horrible. It’s like mid-70’s “towels on the Toms” studio sound. Horrible and doesn’t fit the overall tone of the tunes.