Picked up another 700b for WOPLing

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Picked up another 700b and am having it shipped to Eric for the full boogie. The amp has a "dual primary transformer" ,any advantages other than 220v capable?
None except that. If you plan to resell internationally, it may help you move it into that venue.

spitfun

Journeyman
Eric got the new amp in today. Missing outputs, drivers and fuses. The guy had a good rating on Ebay and said he would pack well-one layer of bubble wrap,but he did put it in 2 boxes! Damaged cover on tranny but Eric does it works fine and meters are good-thank goodness that's all I need from this thing! Beware of vague descriptions like "turns on but no further testing done" ,I believe this guy knew what he was selling-he certainly knew how badly he packed it-buyer beware!!

Attachments

Last edited:

grapplesaw

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
Eric got the new amp in today. Missing outputs, drivers and fuses. The guy had a good rating on Ebay and said he would pack well-one layer of bubble wrap,but he did put it in 2 boxes! Damaged cover on tranny but Eric does it works fine and meters are good-thank goodness that's all I need from this thing! Beware of vague descriptions like "turns on but no further testing done" ,I believe this guy knew what he was selling-he certainly knew how badly he packed it-buyer beware!!
Some JB weld is good solution to the transformer cover
These heatsinks are made from zinc I believe so not to easy to reshape
I did one that I use here at home with good results using the JB weld epoxy

mr_rye89

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Lost in the Ozone Again
My Flavor Country 4 fin got bent because they did a bad job packing it, just a beat up box and packing peanuts. It also had a nice nicotine glaze on it.......