I have 2 packs of the stock style inserts left,

Glen bought the last WOPL 1000

700B Panel Inserts.jpg

Last edited:

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
Next is 2 pairs of 700B handles. 1 pair is original (SOLD TO ERIC) and the other pair is the reproductions we had made. $25 a pair

SOLD

700B Handles.jpg

Last edited:

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
I have original 700B solid machined knobs set of 4 (yes, they will need stripping and polishing and painting). I also have a set of original 700 II Aluminum knobs which will need restoring.

700B set of 4 is $50

700 II set of 2 is $35

OR, Both sets for $60

Phase Linear 700B and 700II Knobs.jpg

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
NOS switches $10 each
3 round shaft left

Long switch assembly with a new switch $25 (SOLD)
Flatted Shaft switches Sold

700B Power Switches.jpg

Last edited:

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Next is the 700 II Meter face and foam gasket in excellent condition. No Glass.

You don't see these come up very often. $25

700II Meter face and gasket.jpg

Last edited:

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Last but not least is 1 nice clean sets of heat sinks (cooling fins) for the 700's. Each set has 4, I may have the Output Transistor covers too.

$25 for a set of 4

Last edited:

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
I'm making progress...... So I ordered the Outputs from Joe and now all I need is the 400 and 700 DCP's.

The 400 will drive my Epicure 20+ and the 700 will drive the Heresy's. If it don't sound great, The speakers will go to the burn pit and I'll find some Rat Shack 1960's crap and burn them too................... :)

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
A month ago, I paid off my $25,000 credit card that has haunted me since I bought those 2 pallets of PL 700's in 2016. The shipping was 7 grand for the cargo ship trip alone............ I may have built about 100 WOPL's but I figured out I didn't make any money since the interest alone was $550 a month and making payments of $650 a month would have taken me 300 years to pay off. Too much for a retired fuck on a fixed income.

Hexis22

Chief Journeyman
That’s why I only build the occasional amp as requested. I don’t do it to make money, I build because I enjoy the technical challenge and supporting people progress in their audio journey.

I would not continue building if I had any form of financial pressure or time constraints.

This is and always will be a hobby!

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
The 700B inserts look enticing. I'm surprised the French guy that was asking about them a few months ago hasn't popped in.

I'd just leave the grandma/grandma 700II the way it is lol

I don't ship out of the US, it's a hassle and too much paperwork.

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
I don't ship out of the US, it's a hassle and too much paperwork.
And not very reliable. I only ship UPS international these days. I have to drive 2 towns over to a UPS dropoff however. USPS has cleaned up their act for USA shipments and is quite good. Not so internationally however. Things take forever to get to the destination and costs as much as UPS that generally gets things there in 3 days.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
And not very reliable. I only ship UPS international these days. I have to drive 2 towns over to a UPS dropoff however. USPS has cleaned up their act for USA shipments and is quite good. Not so internationally however. Things take forever to get to the destination and costs as much as UPS that generally gets things there in 3 days.
Joe, I didn't know you sent me an invoice yesterday. this new phone I got always alerts me about Outlook Email and when it comes to my Hotmail, it may or may not tell me I have mail.