Jay Leno seriously burned in garage fire after vehicle erupts in flames

FredR

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
WTF?
According to reports he was sprayed with gasoline before it ignited. Third degree burns are not as painful as the nerves burned up. Will need skin grafts. Horrible scars.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Know all about those, Jani was burned in 1997. Spent a week or two in the Intermountain Burn Center in Salt Lake. Found out we didn't have insurance, next day we were headed home , with a garbage sack full of bandages and no drugs. We had been busted for dope 12 years before that so no opiates or morphine. Worst six months of my life. Every time i scrubbed that dead skin off Jani she screamed...and screamed....and screamed. Finally hit the streets, bought a bunch of meth, I would hit her up 5 minutes before bandage change. You do enough speed, you don't feel no pain...

Wheel-right

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Man, Ya shoulda been here yesterday
As I read it was a clogged fuel line on a steamer so probably was pressurized buy being plugged or someone was using pressure to try and clear it.
Either way a disaster waiting to happen and a guy like Leno should have been aware of what might happen. Follow my first rule, "Don't Do Stupid" or your going to have a concern!

Tagline
Love great audio, beermaking and pyrotechnics
I would think the steamer would run on heavy oil or diesel rather than gasoline. Strange, unless they were trying to flush with gas.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
As I read it was a clogged fuel line on a steamer so probably was pressurized buy being plugged or someone was using pressure to try and clear it.
Either way a disaster waiting to happen and a guy like Leno should have been aware of what might happen. Follow my first rule, "Don't Do Stupid" or your going to have a concern!
Sometimes it doesn't look stupid till you're done...