phase linear 400

gene french

Veteran and General Yakker
guayabo de bagaces, guanacaste, costa rica....
Tagline
music...the healer of souls...
Hey! I made it back okay. No interactions with los federales in mexico thankfully!
That's really cool of you VSAT! You're a stand-up guy. Lee - you need to verify that Gene keeps his word ;-)
Valerie is alive and well! I did end up pairing her with an SVS SB-2000 pro sub because I wasn't happy with the low end punch that I was getting out of these 8x 6.5" polk mid-bass drivers. The cabinet has two passive 10" radiators, but it just wasn't authoritative enough for me. The sub took care of that problem real quick. Sounds incredible now. Best setup I've ever owned for sure.
go abebar go!!!!
dont worry....i already cashed in the go fund me ....
didnt want to burden anyone else with that...

gene french

Tagline
No for real, send it to Lee for site maintenance and I will ship to you. Send it after you receive it. PM me an address.
i pm'd laatsch with the second a silent...to send me directions how to send the plata...
paypal or snail mail thru my internet banking....
want to fulfill my obligation!!!
or i will forget...and right now...i do have the 12 dollars....lol

J!m

Tagline
BOT
Out of curiosity, the coffee berries- can Those be eaten? And if so, how do they taste?

We have a local place that roasts and some of thei coffee is stupid expensive… but I always try the “special” just to try it, when they have some up. I could get hit by a fire truck walking out of the place so, ya gotta try stuff. Even if it is $8 (or more) for a small cup. I’ve spent more on stupid stuff before…

gene french

Tagline
good rule of thumb...if the birds eat it...it is good for you too....one of our big parrots opened his door....and flew to that very coffee plant....
he had his fill of ripe coffee berries....lol
they do have a bitter taste...as does coffee....i am from louisiana...and we drink strong coffee....almost to the point of nasty....sometimes with chickory....
my wife does drink it on the nasty side....lol....
you can stand the spoon up in it....

gene french

Tagline
No for real, send it to Lee for site maintenance and I will ship to you. Send it after you receive it. PM me an address.
ok....i can sleep tonight....
laatsch with the second a silent has the money....
i am obligation free....
but, you are not....and dont come here with that gene who???
lol
thanks a bunch....this is a win, win, win!!!!
thanks all for beiing so nice...the second i is silent...

kinda reminds me of my one eyed friend keth....
was years later before i figured out his name was really kieth....
as he had an i missing....

VSAT88

Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
Know something Jim I agree. I love a great cup of coffee, black and strong enough for the spoon to stand up on its own in the cup. Daddy used to say the best coffee he ever drank was made from pond water in a old school percolator over a campfire. I tried it and actually, not so bad. I like buying some of the more expensive beans from time to time and trying them out myself. I make all my coffee in a French press. I normally buy Folgers Black silk. It's cheap but good to my taste. I never let the water get to a rolling boil before I pour it in on the coffee. Pretty damn good after it cools off some. I don't care for it really hot.

VSAT88

Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
My local Christian Bookstore/guitar shop/sandwich shop/coffee roaster has some great iced coffee. Did ABebar bring me back some Cuban cigars?
We have a local Christian coffee shop. It's called Common Grounds. I never go in there though. I am afraid they will try and convert me from Paganism.

gene french

Tagline
here, black coffee means no milk or cream...if you want just straight coffee, you order black coffee without sugar...or it will have a spoon of sugar in it...

nothing better than starting your day with straight coffee too hot to drink....that way you sip it sooo carefully...and you have the time to savor the entire serving!!!

J!m

Tagline
BOT
My indulgence is steamed heavy cream in my coffee. No sugar any more. I can’t stand sugar in coffee now. Sometimes I get McDeath coffee at the drive through and I ask for extra cream and every so often they put sugar in and I can barely choke it down.

When I was making guitars and pulling all nighters, I’d have it black. Then I gave it up for a couple years. Went back to light and sweet and eventually ditched the sugar. But, I like cream in my coffee.

I use a French press for camping but otherwise a drip maker. I have a Keurig machine in work I feed pike place pods to. I get Jim’s organic coffee for home (Jo Jo’s blend) and that’s agreeable with SWMBO.

VSAT88

Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
We actually have a Military Macaw. I don't like the sonofabitch but my wife does (and it's not in the house) so there you go. I always tell it to go back to South America or whereve is came from. I tried to teach it to say "Fuck That" but it ain't said it, at least not yet. Maybe I need feed it some coffee beans and then it will holler fuck that and fly back where it came from.

The bird and my bad ass wife.
20220429_222400.jpg

VSAT88

Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
Yeah Jim. I meant to chime in on your coffee thread but got tied up and here we are ruining Genes thread talking about some off topic stuff. HA!