I’m back

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Good to see you back in the fold, Glen. Pretty wicked weather this past weekend.

Nando.

grapplesaw

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
Good to see you back in the fold, Glen. Pretty wicked weather this past weekend.

Nando.
Glad we came home when we did. Going upcountry is going to be a bear here on. I think Highway 1 and 5 are out of commission for at least 6 months or longer. For anyone reading this all major roads leaving Vancouver have been destroyed by a massive storm last weekend.. that’s 7 major highways people.

AngrySailor

Tagline
---not quite right
Holy shit, what a mess. Got some family near Abbotsford sounds like it’s pretty nasty there too

grapplesaw

Tagline
---
So enough disaster talk from me for the time being

I finished up a Carver c-4000 last week. Been on the bench a long time. It’s had the full Monty.
recaped with bipolar in the signal path and Nichion audio grade for those mot in the path. Upgraded power supply. Added a few tricks from Perry- Gundry notch filter to the sonic holograph circuit. Adjustable output resistor bank. Of coarse it got the remote on /off with remote volume. The relay on /off will handle 10amp load for a power amp. I have one of these switching a pl 400.

then to finish it off a black face plate - not a Chinese one but a good USA product that Perry and I got Joe to make a few for us. New bright polished knobs with SS handles.

now to finish it off I reworked the 2nd phono input so I can use two turntables with unplugging anything. Put in a 5 position switch to give a wide assortment of cap choices on that input.

the final touch is a Bob Carver signed faceplate that he did for me. image.jpg

Attachments

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
So enough disaster talk from me for the time being

I finished up a Carver c-4000 last week. Been on the bench a long time. It’s had the full Monty.
recaped with bipolar in the signal path and Nichion audio grade for those mot in the path. Upgraded power supply. Added a few tricks from Perry- Gundry notch filter to the sonic holograph circuit. Adjustable output resistor bank. Of coarse it got the remote on /off with remote volume. The relay on /off will handle 10amp load for a power amp. I have one of these switching a pl 400.

then to finish it off a black face plate - not a Chinese one but a good USA product that Perry and I got Joe to make a few for us. New bright polished knobs with SS handles.

now to finish it off I reworked the 2nd phono input so I can use two turntables with unplugging anything. Put in a 5 position switch to give a wide assortment of cap choices on that input.

the final touch is a Bob Carver signed faceplate that he did for me. View attachment 57170

Are those the faceplates I had Silk Screened?