Rotel RQ-970BX Phono amp

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
In my quest for a full size Phono Amp, I ran into an article on the Rotel RQ-970BX (yes, made in Cina now), and was intrigued so decided to give it a try. I found a good deal on a nice unit and downloaded the upgrade article done in 1994. I ordered the parts and did the upgrade and I just finished it and ran it across the AP. The THD+N is an excellent .002% and I'll install it in the system in the next couple days. I was actually impressed with the components used by the chinese manufacturer. Top notch Nichicon caps etc.... and replacement of a couple opamps with some expensive ones. Some of my pics suck but I'll replace them asap. Now I don't have to mess with the ciggy-butt mini-sized Phono Amp and have a regular sized one.

Rotel5.jpg Rotel4.jpg Rotel3.jpg Rotel2.jpg Rotel1.jpg

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
I thought you had a Carver C-1. What was wrong with it?

You got's to keep up bro. I went from a C1, to 4000T, TO A 4000T, TO A C1, TO A 4000T, to a C1, back to a 4000t, and then back to the Acurus RL-11 which has no Phono Section. So I picked up a Rotel RQ to make up for no Phono Section and did the upgrade to the Rotel..... :)

bill7621

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
WTF, y'all
I can't keep up with things I do, let alone other people. I figured you were just trying to find something better, if there is such a thing. I've been happy with my C-1, but since it's stock it'll have to take a trip out your way some day. At least it's not tick, tick, tick.