Just bought a Soundcraftsman ae 2000..

herb13

New Around These Parts
And looking for info about running it with an Adcom amp, Marantz tuner and Marantz and Rotel CD players. Having problems getting the ae 2000 integrated between the amp and tuner...perhaps you can tell I'm not very tech oriented...

J!m

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
BOT
Well, the integrated should have a tuner input but if it doesn’t have a preamp out and power amp in (sometimes accompanied by a “split” switch) you won’t be able to use an outside Power amp.

herb13

New Around These Parts
Do you mean I might have to use either the Adcom amp or the EQ?

Thanks for your time..

62vauxhall

Tagline
No such things as bad days, just bad moments
It's line inputs and outputs would go to the Rotel's tape inputs & outputs. That means Tape Monitor of the Rotel is on all the time.

If needed, there are tape recorder inputs & outputs on the AE2000 to replace those of the Rotel which it has "stolen".

herb13

New Around These Parts
Yeah, I was wondering about that tape monitor input on the ae2000 and I have a Nackamichi DR3 I can plug into it lile I did with my old ADC eq. So will try that tomorrow by running the Marantz tuner into the DR3 then into my Adcom...sound right? Running everything into a pair of rbh tower speakers and an old pair of Kenwood end table speakers through a speaker splitter.
Like I said earlier, not very tech-savvy about this stuff and last time I had everything up and running (long before I bought the ae2000) I hired a stereo tech to come over and hook up everything. Now I live way out in the AZ desert far away from the big cities so it's just you guys and me...

Many thanks for your prompt replies and info! You guys are awesome!

btw...found the ae 2000 in a pawn shop yesterday and got the price down to $150.

herb13

New Around These Parts
If anyone here lives around Phoenix or Tucson I will make it worth your time and skill to make the drive to Winkelman (actually Dudleyville but few have heard of this tiny town about 5 miles south of Winkelman...)

AngrySailor

Tagline
---not quite right
Welcome, this place will have you on your way to “tech savvy” as far as you want to take it. This is an EQ you bought? My uncle has a sound craftsman pre amp hooked to a PL400, it’s a sexy piece of rig. Could you post a pic of the back of your gear? All the plugs and good stuff. That would really help to see what you’re dealing with and how to possibly hook it up.

Andrew

herb13

New Around These Parts
Too blurry to do any good but will try to find an online pic of the backside I found earlier. And will try another pic tomorrow when the light is better.

herb13

New Around These Parts
I'll post the model info of all components tomorrow. It's getting late here and the dogs are pestering me for their nightly walk.

Thanks guys...really appreciate your help!

AngrySailor

Tagline
---not quite right
So you’re using the marantz as a pre amp? I’m not a marantz guy so not familiar with them. If it has “pre out” “main in”, plug into the pre out, into your EQ, then into the power amp. Also, if you attached a pic, it didn’t work.

herb13

New Around These Parts
The Marantz is a tuner...am/fm and inputs for CD, tape deck, TV, etc...

Pic was too.blurry to bother posting so deleted it.

herb13

New Around These Parts
When I get back home...hard to do much here while walking/running 4 dogs...lol

And we have 3 7 week old little terrors (Jack Russell/Rat Terrier mix) waiting for us when we get back home...it's a busy home and welcome these nightly walks to mellow out the adults...a little. lol

herb13

New Around These Parts
If anyone is in AZ I might be able to bring the 3 main components to you...Tucson, Phoenix is doable. And of course I'd pay for your expertise!

AngrySailor

Tagline
---not quite right
I’m no where near AZ, but if you have the right holes you just need to put the round pegs in them.

J!m

Tagline
BOT
If we can get some “backside pictures” (of the gear only, please) I could draw lines on them for you to make it easy to hook up.

The only piece you have, that I’m familiar with, is the Adcom power amp.