Lee's WOPL & K's

Fishoz

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Always learning!
I had the pleasure of sitting in the "master's" chair last Saturday. First time ever hearing a WOPL, not a first for the K's (first hearing Lee's). Was never a fan of the horns, always felt they were harsh.....until now.....

We put the rig through the paces, Shpongle, Bonamassa, Floyd....

Kicked back, feeling alright, closed my eyes and began to listen to a huge soundstage. Sounded like the stage was right in front of me. The system was completely transparent. Very detailed, crisp and distinct. Then he hit the bass with Shpongle, holy shit, it felt like the bottom of the room dropped out and this wave of bass just emanated from under your feet. It literally physically effected your gut. No distortion, just crisp, loud and distinct.

Given my previous experience with K's I'm going to have to attribute this wonderous sound to the WOPL or the perfect combination. I will withhold more opinion until I hear my speaks with a WOPL. Tough shoes to fill, hope my 808's and. WOPL stand tall against the K's. It'll be tough!

My wife sat through the session. She even made comments on what she was hearing, all good.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Glad you liked it Dave....I'm kinda partial to the combo myself...enjoyed having you here. And thanks for dinner!!! Love going to the Prime Rib Restaurant totally baked!!

kevin

Forum Veteran and Hillbilly
Scott... About a year ago I sat in the same chair !!! I don't have to tell you one thing !!!!!! But ....as most of you know....I now have K horns in my living room ! Or better known as the stereo room here !

rtp_burnsville

Chief Journeyman
The 'Master's Chair' experience in itself made the drive across the Dakota's worth it. So how many member's here have had the experience?

Robert

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Skratch, Jimmy, rtp-burnsville, Kevin, Timdalf the Grey, and Fishoz...

Skratch

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Life is short, so take your time
Glad you liked it Dave....I'm kinda partial to the combo myself...enjoyed having you here. And thanks for dinner!!! Love going to the Prime Rib Restaurant totally baked!!
Did you guys have the Beef soup at the Prime Rib ? Lee's tunes definitely ROCK

Fishoz

Tagline
Always learning!
Did you guys have the Beef soup at the Prime Rib ? Lee's tunes definitely ROCK

Beef soup...was it on the menu?!? I think we were a bit wasted to see it....all I could get out was that I wanted a steak!

Your name did come up - didn't realize you were in Huntley. We're not to far from ya in Highland Park. Gotta meet halfway someday for a round of golf!!

Skratch

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Life is short, so take your time

Beef soup...was it on the menu?!? I think we were a bit wasted to see it....all I could get out was that I wanted a steak!

Your name did come up - didn't realize you were in Huntley. We're not to far from ya in Highland Park. Gotta meet halfway someday for a round of golf!!
Ya, I live on Pinecrest Golf course in Huntley

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
It's nice to see your comments made public, Dave. We all glean a bit from your listening experience. I put more context into a member's listening experience, than perhaps the specs of a particular stereo component. Lee has done a great job in detailing the builds he has completed on PL amps, with accompanying test results, but the true test is running his builds through its paces with music - which we all know he loves to do before signing off on his project.

Nando.

Fishoz

Tagline
Always learning!
Ya, I live on Pinecrest Golf course in Huntley
Well alrighty then....let's see...living on the course, screen name Skratch....is that saying something? Can you deal with a 15 hdcper? If so lets see if we can set up a tee time sometime this season. I've still got some time off coming, maybe a weekday even?