YBA 2 Preamp

braxus

Journeyman
I just made the deal with a seller for a YBA 2 preamp with MM phono section included. I wasn't completely happy with my Sonic Frontiers SFL-2 preamp, so I went ahead with my original plan to buy this preamp. I'm hoping this preamp will offer what my Rotel did, but with refinement. The SFL-2 preamp didn't quite allow the music to escape the speakers. I know this preamp should. I still will get my Sonic Frontiers preamp repaired and I will put that pre against the YBA pre and see which one wins the day. Should be an interesting test of tube vs solid state. Both are well made preamps, but I think this one might be the sound I'm after in the long run. Here are some pics of the internals, etc. YBA has always made very musical stereo pieces, so I'm expecting this to be the final buy for this piece of equipment. The YBA should be mailed out in the next day or two, barring no issues arise.

Attachments

braxus

Journeyman
Well this preamp is coming in the mail today. I'll pick it up after work. Hook it up and compare its sound against the Sonic Frontiers currently in the system. I'm betting the YBA will beat it.