Who'd a thunk it ?

BlazeES

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
Who'da thunk it ?

Just received an online ad from Fry's for this bit of kit ... 24 Washingtons and some change.

[TABLE="class: textblack"]
<tbody abp="881">[TR]
[TD]RERUN X RADIO AND CASSETTE TO MP3 CONVERTER

Model: J-22U

Old school
meets new school with QFX’s AM/FM/shortwave/cassette player, the ReRun
X. Bust out those Wu-Tang tapes from high school and a couple of D
batteries for hours of stripped-down beats and bass-heavy nostalgia on
the go! Tapes starting to get that persistent hiss? The ReRun converts
your favorite cassette tracks to MP3 on USB or SD storage, preserving
your extensive Tribe collection for generations to come.

The QFX ReRun X. Don’t call it a comeback.

[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD] AM/FM/SW1-SW2 4 BAND RADIO

RADIO AND CASSETTE TO MP3 CONVERTER

CASSETTE RECORDER WITH USB/SD/MP3 PLAYER

Built-In Speaker

3 Band EQ

Stereo Earphone Jack 3.5mm

AC Power Supply: 120-220V 50-60Hz

DC Power Supply: 4x D Batteries

Batteries Not Included

Colors: Black, Wood

[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

http://www.qfxusa.com/ItemDetail.cfm?ItemID=1605

Attachments

Last edited:

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
$24.99?

But I've got a bunch of REAL boomboxes I can get fixed. I sent my Sony CFS-F5 to a friend for Christmas and she had it going in no time flat (it was a bad power switch)...she's also a former FCC licensed station technician and lives overseas but she really liked the Gambles' Coronado AM tombstone set I sent a few years ago as well...

Let's see....

Pioneer SKs 21, 31 51, 71, 350

A Hitachi with no battery door

had others...I had a Sanyo with Dolby, AMSS, Metal capability and 6" two way speakers and then I tripped in here and feel back onto the handle, smashing on side down into the case...still have it but that $150 for a fully restored box hurt like hell.

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Give it a shot, Tony, for $25 and shipping it would be cheap to see how a 4 D cell box stacks up against a typical 6-8 cell classic.

That's only 6V vs. 9-12. None of mine use less than six batteries. And it sorta looks like a mashup of several boxes, the "X-BASS" on the grilles was originally seen on SHARPS IIRC. Buttons resemble Panasonic with that orange record button inside the play.

If the shortwave reception is good, that's worth the entire price right there.

Last edited:

Skywavebe

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Work too much
I advise being careful when evaluation such a thing. There is a certain large country that makes it a habit to rip off people all the time with the junk they make- the Ion tape deck is one example the Crosley is another piece of junk. If you want a device you pay money for and is good for the land fill inside of 30 days buy this junk. No, I do not make a secret of the dislike of the junk from China. I would be surprised if they ever made anything good and then even if they did I would not believe it- they have too long a track record of making junk and some other word not allowed that looks like a Snickers bar.
They want them to build bridges in the US well I would not even allow then to bid. They really have no clue.