What's your music collection crown jewel?

finebar4

Journeyman
Tagline
---
I see some great stuff going through the now played section and as a collective whole are music lovers.....I would like to riddle me this.......what do you consider the crown jewel of your music collection? I will be glad to start with mine. A very rare Pink Floyd box set filled with very rare recorded performances and alternate studio tracks. Even more special is the fact that it is one of 500 released world wide that is the colored vinyl version. I have a few great pieces in my collection....but this one I consider King!!!!

Attachments

Last edited:

BlazeES

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
That's a hard one.

I suppose if I have to pick ...
it's this -

the-beatles-collection-bc-13.jpg

The Beatles Collection
BC-13

Limited Edition from December 1978.
3500 of them produced and I picked mine up from a chain called 'Musicland' with meager funds earned working at the local Holiday Inn.

British pressings that spanked the US counterparts in terms of pressing quality.
And the album song arrangements were way better (and not spread out for profits) than the Capitol Records, US releases.

The next, distant second collectible I have is a 1980 box set of the complete Aerosmith catalog (to-date) - distributed for promotional purposes only and each jacket embossed in gold print as such. I've never seen another like it in the wild.

Looks like this:

Last edited:

Bradrock

Tagline
---I run with Scissors
I see some great stuff going through the now played section and as a collective whole are music lovers.....I would like to riddle me this.......what do you consider the crown jewel of your music collection? I will be glad to start with mine. A very rare Pink Floyd box set filled with very rare recorded performances and alternate studio tracks. Even more special is the fact that it is one of 500 released world wide that is the colored vinyl version. I have a few great pieces in my collection....but this one I consider King!!!!

I thought this looked familiar & yep, had one in my ebay cart:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PINK-FLOYD-...byL1UD%2FMieQfh1%2Ffg%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Good excuse for a reel to reel. Only have to play the LP's once or twice & then preserve for the future.

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
The guy who ran the long closed record store here gave me several Midnight Oil CDs, from S/T on.

He also would give me his Billboards when he was done with them, he would cut the charts out for weekly display and I would get great ads for my walls.

Netfly

Journeyman
Tagline
---
I don't have any real rarities, but there are two I treasure. One is:

IMG_20170813_242506586.jpg

The other is a tape recording of jazz guitarist Tal Farlow and a friend of mine that took guitar lessons from him, playing live together at Tal's house.

Bradrock

Tagline
---I run with Scissors
I don't have any either. May still have an original MC5 album with John Sinclair singing Kick out the Jams Mother Fuckers .

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
The yellow one with New York Mining Disaster 1941?

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
I'll have to find it to post a pic but I have a rare Ruby Star LP
I met her in 1981 at Thumpers in Coon Rapids after i got out of the army (before joining the navy). She had the Gray Ghost Band with her. She talked to me for a while till she found out i was out of coke.......

Fast Forward

Forum Moderator
Staff member
I met her in 1981 at Thumpers in Coon Rapids after i got out of the army (before joining the navy). She had the Gray Ghost Band with her. She talked to me for a while till she found out i was out of coke.......
Sounds like Ruby, Her and Grey Ghost made some nice music, I have all her Albums I think the Albums name was Smokey Places