What were those AC jacks/recepticals that were previously posted about?

62vauxhall

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
No such things as bad days, just bad moments
Can't hit on the right search phrase to zero in.

I want to replace the two prong AC recepticals on a housemate's integrated amp. Those in place are hideously hard to insert or extract plugs from.

Maybe a year or thereabouts ago, a thread was going about those very items. Someone found some that were an acceptible fit and I was hoping to learn if it was a part from Digikey or Mouser. I need to place an order for a few things and thought I'd include some of them if I knew what they were.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
there are several models of AC Jacks all secured differently into the chassis. Got a pic??? The Fan Outlets for the PL, may or may not work.

62vauxhall

Tagline
Thanks, that do look like them.

Even providing a loaner, I believe getting my hands on the amp to change them out will be a struggle. Despite that I got it into working condition before giving it to her in the first place, she does her darndest to discourage me from tinkering with electronics.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Thanks, that do look like them.

Even providing a loaner, I believe getting my hands on the amp to change them out will be a struggle. Despite that I got it into working condition before giving it to her in the first place, she does her darndest to discourage me from tinkering with electronics.

They are a perfect fit for the Phase Linears, don't know about other stuff though.

62vauxhall

Tagline
Thanks anyway, for the info.

But as predicted, the woman I gave the amp to won't let me touch it because it works and she said what's plugged into the AC receptacles won't be unplugged.

That's her logic and contrdiction of any kind begins an argument. Men need to be told what to do and what not to do. So I was told. And also that if requests are not heeded, she will get angry.

62vauxhall

Tagline
No! I think his friend has issues Perry
Issues, yes and they began coming to light 6 months after moving here.

FWIW, I was not aware that the AC receptacles were deficient until well after connecting up the system I gave her. There was no need to plug anything into the amp for AC power until later when she mentioned not having a CD player. Which I also gave her.