What is a good offer? PL 700B

Turboj5525

New Around These Parts
Hey guys, wondering what everyone thinks this might be worth? I know he may not accept a low offer but its worth a try. Can the plastic portion of the faceplate be replaced? I know I can purchase the aluminum portion just not sure about the center piece with the script. Here are the comments in his description...
1641110035554.png
"VINTAGE PHASE LINEAR 700B LABORATORY STANDARD AMPLIFIER WITH RACK HANDLES.

It has a hole/break in the middle of the faceplate and does not power up - I am not a techie so I am unable to test. As such I am selling it AS-IS/For Parts or Repair with no returns.

Comes as pictured."

1641110035554.png
Thanks in advance,
Greg

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Yes you can get the center legend. 675 is a little steep. Offer him 450.

Turboj5525

New Around These Parts
I did! I'm going to pass on this one and get one from Dave. He does such impeccable work I feel giddy like a kid on Christmas! So thankful for the opportunity to connect with the people on here and have the chance at one of these gorgeous monsters.

Thanks for everyone's replies and suggestions! And thanks for getting with me Dave! What an outstanding group on this board. I will be a member for life. I only hope I can contribute something at some point as I have already benefitted so much.

Tagline
Born and Raised In The 700 Watt Club.
That are not all beat up like this one
Yep. All of mine are a 9 out of 10 Cosmetically, and you could take a white glove to the insides. When I get one I probably spend about 2hrs combing over the thing inside and out. Everything WORKS on my amps. Blame the OCD. It's a bad trip sometimes. Sent ya some info Turbo. Consider yourself P.M'd....

Turboj5525

New Around These Parts
I think we have another "Phanatic" in the house! Just note.......It's only gonna get worse for you from here on man.........:cool:
Lol I feel that it is!!! That's ok. There are worse things to be crazy about lol. Maybe next time I get a 400 just to even it out! Lol I just can't beleive EVERYONE in the stereo world doesn't want one of these as bad as me lol. I have never heard one in person and think they are amazing lol. Not to mention the whole story with Bob Carver. Plus what looks better than these amps??? I mean really! Now I may need a pre amp and on and on and on lol.

Turboj5525

New Around These Parts
What do you all figure is a decent price for PL 200 or a PL 300 ?

M
Man I would love to tell you but I dont feel quite qualified enough. I bet these guys can tell you though! I have seen several nice ones go for 300 to 500 in working order . maybe cheaper for the 200.

Turboj5525

New Around These Parts
Man I havemt studied asuch on those as the 400 and 700 and I have still learned things as recently as today about the series of each. Not sure about those though. Sorry...

Turboj5525

New Around These Parts
This may be the wrong assumption but I think you could find a nice 400 for not much more than a clean 200 or 300 so why not go that route and have the headroom! Just a thought. You may have reasons for wanting those over a 400.

Mohawk

Chief Journeyman
Man I havemt studied asuch on those as the 400 and 700 and I have still learned things as recently as today about the series of each. Not sure about those though. Sorry...
Lol...

Hang around here for a bit and you will catch up fast

Best audio forum with the best people you will find..

M

Turboj5525

New Around These Parts
Lol...

Hang around here for a bit and you will catch up fast

Best audio forum with the best people you will find..

M
Man you can say that again. This place is addictive not just because of the subject matter and knowledge here but the people as well! Such a cool place. Hard to get onto the kids for being on their phones or computers when I find myself doing the same with this forum lol!!!

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
The 200 is a pretty shabby amp, the 300 is actually pretty good , but they are what they are. The 300 uses unobtanium outputs and the 200's ......well....it's sad...Never worked on a 200, worked on a few 300's....i'd take a 3 over a 2 any day..

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
The 200 is a pretty shabby amp, the 300 is actually pretty good , but they are what they are. The 300 uses unobtanium outputs and the 200's ......well....it's sad...Never worked on a 200, worked on a few 300's....i'd take a 3 over a 2 any day..
Matt
The 200 series 2 is a pretty decent little amp but the boards are crap inside.

Run as fast as you can away from a 200 series 1. Not worth any of your time and they are butt ugly to boot.

Other than that... :)