What have you been up to?

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
I have 1300 tapes sitting in my room. More coming. So I have to take pics and post on the site. I got pancakes and shells for a song. Now all I have to do is start getting the machines. My sound room is the only environmentally controlled room that isn't being used. My office became my sons room so I can't keep things there. Just ordered 2 more boxes of chrome.

My scooter got stolen last week. Waiting for the new one. It broke down at the bottom of a friends lane and I let it sit there. Went to fix it the next morning. It was gone. Been burning CDs. Put a new HD, memory and CD-DVD burner in my old computer. Used it a week. Oh and installed Windows 7. Put it in my sons room. Guess what. The PSU went out. So it is dead right now. Thought about getting a new case; but the motherboard wouldn't fit it. So I'm very happy about that. Luckily I got a consolidation loan to pay all my credit cards off and just keep one and a little cash to play with. Now to buy tape equipment. Oh well easy come easy go.

Larry

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
1300 tapes?? you a crazy MF Larry :D , sorry to hear about the scooter (a plague of pox on the asses of the heathens who stole it :cry: ) for shame, stealing transportation from old men with health problems and possible mental issues :lol: lol!

I had a birthday week from hell, ER twice, had a seziure from infection and 104F temp, called the Paramedics (way cute btw ;) , the stuwster might have been on deaths door but, the eyecandy was heaven sent hehe :p !!! I'm fine now, I did watch a lot of TV, damn, they have alot of insurance commercials and if you have taken.......class action lawsuit ads, this country is in the toilet.

I got the Creek amp in the mail today to Tasmania, Larry graciously actcepted my offer on the AKG 601's (Larry, please PM me your address, I'll send you a check with a Phoenix Chrome II tape so you can hear what my Teac can do with it :cheers: )

That's all from me, preace bros! Happy listening :brilsmurf: :flower:

speakerman1

Tagline
Stuwee
You don't know how crazy I am. I just carried a box of BASF Type I in. I'm sorry you were sick. I feel for you. I got a sweeter scooter this time. Why steal a scooter that is broken down. What really gets me is I carried my tools to work on the scooter in my seat. All my metric tools gone. I'm glad you like the AKGs. Elroy is sending me a H/K amp and pre. So I'm going to build my son a system. I think I'll either let him have my LX-3 my 1st Nak or the Yamaha K-1020. I hope the next year looks like this one for the business. It just seems things happen at the right time. I'll PM you.

Larry

gamve

Journeyman
Sent my Lenehan ML1+ speakers back to the manufacturer a month or so ago for an upgrade. I was so impressed with these little buggers I thought what the hell. They are now upgraded to ML1+R specification. New crossovers with ribbontech wiring better caps and a ground plane modification. Also purchased new stands which are very trick. The stands incorporate a swinging counterweight tuned to the stand resonance. Having my first listen tonight after assembling the stands. Sounds very good already but Mike Lenehan recommended that the crossovers will take at least 300 hours to fully run in.
I can't praise these speakers highly enough...hearing is believing. If you are in the market for new speakers make sure you look these up. These speakers are small two way units but are rated to 500W RMS or more.
Cheers
Graham

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
Wow G, I just read the review of those speaks by Andy Fawcett, the fact that he's a 'stat man and fell in love makes me want to hear them Big Time :)

And he used Talk Talk ~ 'The Colour of Spring' & Natalie Merchant ~ 'Tigerlily' for the review music,, kudos to him for having great taste as well :cheers:

speakerman1

Tagline
Well I have been working in the garage as you all know. I got the AC/Heat all done the insulation done. Everything is uncrated. Have to figure the loader out. The table is built. The compressor is plumbed in. Everything is about ready to start loading tapes; but me. Every thing has to be cleaned and organized. One vacuum hose is off and I have to figure out where it goes. Then the loading the tape and splice tape. I never thought it would be easy' I just want to get it right. I have unwound 3000 feet of tape. I would hate to see 3 times that.
Larry

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
Glad you are getting things in order there. Post some pics of your garage setup when you get the chance.

jbeckva

Admin/Server Dude MAA Guy
Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
Seems like a good topic here...

I'm working on the first bolt-on app for the site. Just laying the groundwork to pass logins to and from the new app section..

Finally caught a break in the paying stuff I had to do. :alien:

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
Rex Everything said:
[quote="Web Police":8453yilf]
jbeckva said:
Zoomin' nicely now.. zippity doo dah :albino:
Most users ever online was 3 on Fri Sept 10, 2010 10:16 pm
Now if we could just have you working on it 24/7. :alien:

Careful[/quote:8453yilf]

Speak softly and carry a big jar of molasses thinner. :reindeer:

I am trying to break the forum by posting. :albino:

speakerman1

Tagline
I have no idea what Jerry is doing???? LOL
Well I cranked up the loader. 1 valve not working. It is bypassing so I get no air pressure. It goes thru the motions. Gotta fix the valve then try it. May wait till Monday I'm a little burnt. At least the valve maker is still in business.

Larry