What crossovers are you using for you speakers?

Nick Danger

Veteran and General Yakker
What crossovers are you using for your speakers?

Delving into the DIY speaker thing and was curious to know what type of crossovers you are using? After talking with Ksrigg a bit, he gave me some excellent info and I am looking at this MiniDSP unit as a serious contender. Anybody have experience with it by chance?

Appreciate any and all input.

Last edited:

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
After reading a bit on the linked Hifizine article sounds pretty impressive. 48db/octave is pretty steep rolloff...

ksrigg

Chief Journeyman
You could go to the miniDSP forum and probably find out everything you need to know (and probably way more than I can understand) about the unit.

As I told you, I bought the least expensive 2 way unit (at the time) and it is still in the box. I have just not gotten a round tuit.

It will do more than I can even imagine, but it would take someone smarter than me to get it set up.

Nick Danger

You could go to the miniDSP forum and probably find out everything you need to know (and probably way more than I can understand) about the unit.

As I told you, I bought the least expensive 2 way unit (at the time) and it is still in the box. I have just not gotten a round tuit.

It will do more than I can even imagine, but it would take someone smarter than me to get it set up.
Been doing a lot of research on miniDSP's products and I will be buying a few of their offerings after the Holiday season has come to a close. Do you have one of the mini 2 X 4 boards, Sutton?

ksrigg

Chief Journeyman
I have the minidsp 2X4 Rev. A. It is a stereo 2 way crossover. I also go the calibrated mic to test. I fooled around with the mic and some testing, but never did attempt to set up the crossover.

Nick Danger

MiniDSP 2 X 4

I have the minidsp 2X4 Rev. A. It is a stereo 2 way crossover. I also go the calibrated mic to test. I fooled around with the mic and some testing, but never did attempt to set up the crossover.
Looking to get the same model soon as I begin my speaker build. I am sold on this product after hearing them in action at the RMAF the past couple of years. What power supply did you end up using for yours?

ksrigg

Chief Journeyman
I have several different ones I have bought on eBay. I have used them to power the PC fan motors for use on amps. I think you can pick one up for under 10 bucks.