What an animal!! TFM-75

grapplesaw

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
I do not think this can preform as sold. Caver was at this stage marketing dreams rather than quality. I still use my carver HR 875 and HR 895 receivers and tmf 250 amps every day for the TV and bed room. They are ok but that's all. This TMF 75 is powerful but not to clean sounding. As well I do not think it can put out any where near 750 watts per channel even as a peak.

Rail voltage is 122 volts so probably puts out 500 watts per for a breif time. Total watts in is 1400. Damping factor is very low but not awfull.

Have a a look at the specs from the owners manual and the segmatic of the output stage and see if I am right or not

Attachments

Last edited:

grapplesaw

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
Lee may have some real data on this unit. It is almost the same as the PT2400 as per sepec's attached. Lee did you ever do a run up on the Audio precision with your PT?? I almost bought a rack of these PT2400 a few years ago.

Attachments

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
Very interesting that there is a lovely Marantz in the background?!>? A 2230 if my eyes are ok. Seeing how they are always around with true 'philes, take that 8991XJ!! 'ment in a lovely, compassionate way dude.

Too much for that Carver roccus, it's just ok!

roccus

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
You'll blow your ears out kid
I'm not looking to buy lol before I ever spent that kind of money I would do a wopl 700b... would make a nice show piece on the shelf though I only heard of the TFM 75 never saw one I had a TFM 55 and I liked it

Very interesting that there is a lovely Marantz in the background?!>? A 2230 if my eyes are ok. Seeing how they are always around with true 'philes, take that 8991XJ!! 'ment in a lovely, compassionate way dude.

Too much for that Carver roccus, it's just ok!

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
Years ago I was always looking for a TFM-750 but could never find one in great shape. I settled for a pair of Carver A500X amps that are bridged to mono at which they are rated 750wpc. And for about half the price of a TFM-750.

Last edited: