Welcome rtp

Fast Forward

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Robert,,Its About time you showed up,,,,,Let me say something about this new Member,,,He,s also a Newbie on TH,,and mentioned he might be in the Market for a deck,,sent him a PM mentioning that I had a couple I would part with and Said shipping was expensive and Dangerous but I could hook him up,,,found out he was local sent him some pics ,,we got together and He's got a Nice Teac C3X and I,m half way to paying for my C-80 repair,,,I believe he said he,s a Software dude,,,and a Muscian

rtp_burnsville

Chief Journeyman
Hi Guys,

Wow, thanks for the nice welcome!! Now that I have a minute I'll tell you a few things about me...... Promise, I'll try not to bore anyone!

Have been very interested in music, tape recording, electronics, and many other things for decades. As Fast Forward mentioned I am a Pedal Steel Guitar player and have been for about 35 years, yikes... Started at 14 and have played most everyday since and at times for a living.

A few years before that I became fascinated with audio recording as my Dad would sent r2r tapes home as he was in the Army in Japan. So I guess this obsession is really his fault, right? Anyway have messed with various combinations of music, recording, electronics, computers ever since. About 6 months ago the bug for tape hit hard once again so here I am in search of more knowledge and info.

For a day job I do embedded firmware and have done digital hardware design so years as well. Also have a CNC mill in the basement shop so one can make just about anything given enough time. Currently collecting a few Craigslist cassette decks to mess with and will likely drift into r2r in the near future.

Hopefully, I can add something of value....

Thanks Again,
Robert

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
A CNC man Eh? Got a shop full of manual monarch's, Lucas, Giddins-lewis, Blanchards, Carlton's, Cincinnati's and of course Bridgeports. Our shop supports our oil company; Marlin Oil Co., LLC. We do 99% of our repairs in house. An oil co has a lot of stuff that needs fixed.

Welcome again Robert.

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
It' s a pleasure to have you join our forum, Robert. Small as our group is, at the moment, we more than make up for it in drive and assistance. It was great for FF to line you up with a Teac deck.

Nando.