Webcor/ Webster- Chicago 210 Reel to Reel deck for Sale

Nick Danger

Veteran and General Yakker
A friend of mine who is always buying and selling vintage americana came across this little muffin the other day and asked me if I would take a peek:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0MQLuw_lqfg?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>(Sorry folks, doesn't look like this forum allows for vids to be embedded.)

Wesbster- Chicago 210 open reel deck in what looks to be in well cared for condition. Moves tape both directions but no audio output while playing. I do hear some static coming out of the speaker. Looks like the tubes in the bottom of the unit are working but there are a few more internally that have shields and I cannot tell if they are okay or not. Cosmetically it has a couple of nicks in the outer fabric, but nothing major and the faceplate in gorgeous and scatch free. Cabinet feels rock solid. Record light comes on.

I believe this unit will play AND record in both directions. Heads are shiny and look to be in good nick, too. No external microphone.

He is asking $95 OBO.

History of the business.

Additional pics here.

Last edited:

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
A friend of mine who is always buying and selling vintage americana came across this little muffin the other day and asked me if I would take a peek:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0MQLuw_lqfg?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>(Sorry folks, doesn't look like this forum allows for vids to be embedded.)

Wesbster- Chicago 210 open reel deck in what looks to be in well cared for condition. Moves tape both directions but no audio output while playing. I do hear some static coming out of the speaker. Looks like the tubes in the bottom of the unit are working but there are a few more internally that have shields and I cannot tell if they are okay or not. Cosmetically it has a couple of nicks in the outer fabric, but nothing major and the faceplate in gorgeous and scatch free. Cabinet feels rock solid. Record light comes on.

I believe this unit will play AND record in both directions. Heads are shiny and look to be in good nick, too. No external microphone.

He is asking $95 OBO.

History of the business.

Additional pics here.
Pretty sure I have the same make and model, complete, including the external microphone...it is beastly heavy.

62vauxhall

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
No such things as bad days, just bad moments
Now that is nostalgic. it's the same machine my dad had in the 50's. Not sure when he got it but I distinctly remember playing with it and the "Magic Eye" record level indicator just fascinated me. He would haul it around and record speakers at assemblies he's go to. I'd play "Dragnet" or some other cop show and pretend I was making radio calls. The microphone looked just like the one with this Webster wire recorder. And it was a heavy beast, especially when you're 5 or 6 years old.

webster.jpg