WANTED: tonearm

J!m

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
BOT
I don't have much budget left, but I do have cool stuff to trade...

If you have an old busted tonearm that COULD be good, let me know. I think I'm (unfortunately) limited to about 10" maximum, and I'd have to make a custom mount, but I'll consider just about anything that I don't have to tape coins to.

Thanks!

Some I've been looking at, which I will probably never own, are:

Micro MA-707 (I like this design- straight and adjustable effective mass. Generally doen't suck and can be found under a grand)
MA-505 Mk. III (This arm has interchangeable armtubes and a nice overall appearance and interface. I thin also adjustable effective mass, and it's dynamic balanced)

Being Micro, I feel they are a good "fit" to the Micro table. But, I'm not limiting myself to those...

Grace G-704 (Definitely have to make a mount for this)

Fidelity Research FR-64S High mass arm, so probably not ideal, and not seen less than $1500 these days...

SME 3010R

STAX UA9

SAEC WE-308 (not certain I can use the 308L which is 10.6 effective length- it'll be close and if one comes up I'll do the matheratin' to figure it out)
WE-407/23

Whatever you've got, let me know!

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
I can sell you the tone arm off my Kenner Close N Play, but it may be out of your price range.

The Continuum Caliburn turntable, manufactured by Continuum Audio Laboratories PTY in Melbourne, Australia, is the most expensive in the world with prices reaching up to $112,000 (£57,800) depending on the finish – the tone arm costs an additional $12,000

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
I have a Magnepan Unitrac I.
Yes the skinny speaker company made one excellent unipivot tonearm with OTF VTA.

J!m

Tagline
BOT
Yes, the table was not the one shown in the listing, and it came with a MA-505 X II arm attached.

I have a restoration thread around here somewhere I think...

Dutch54

Journeyman
I have done some restoration on older tables, JVC, Pioneer, Kenwood, MCS, Panasonic,and Yamaha to name a few. Some came in with busted tone arms.

mr_rye89

Tagline
Lost in the Ozone Again
I have what’s left of a Jelco SA-370h, I think it’s missing the head shell collar, and my Gray clone is on epay right now…..

Edit: whoops didn’t realize this thread was kinda old…..

J!m

Tagline
BOT
The MA-505 I got had to be repaired too. On a previous shipment, the platter came free and whacked the bias weight shaft, bending it.

Otherwise it was in good shape. Sounds great too!