Wanted: Tolkien and Boris Karloff Spoken Word

BubbaH

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
When I was at the shop last week, I saw one of the LOTR spoken word vinyl. Ill check to see if its still there next time I'm down there.

Nick Danger

When I was at the shop last week, I saw one of the LOTR spoken word vinyl. Ill check to see if its still there next time I'm down there.
Cheers, Ben! I come across them from time to time but usually look like they were treated as frisbees or priced out of my comfort zone for a used piece of vinyl.

Last edited:

MarkWComer

Tagline
Victim of the record bug since age five
Cheers, Ben! I come across them from time to time but, they usually look like they were treated like frisbees or priced out of my comfort zone for a used piece of vinyl.
Kid's records usually are the worst for condition. I have Disney's Snow White and Cinderella, both from 1966 and Peter and the Wolf narrated by Sterling Holloway from 1967. I wouldn't have bought them if they weren't in VG+ condition- and for $6 each.

I have one Karloff, but he only introduces the stories. Can't seem to find it...

EDIT:
Sorry, Cinderella and Snow White are dated 1969, not 1966. Peter and the Wolf is dated 1963, not 1967. I posted before verifying.

Last edited:

Nick Danger

Kid's records usually are the worst for condition. I have Disney's Snow White and Cinderella, both from 1966 and Peter and the Wolf narrated by Sterling Holloway from 1967. I wouldn't have bought them if they weren't in VG+ condition- and for $6 each.
If I can get them in VG+ or better near that pricepoint, I would be stoked. No writing on the dustjackets would be a huge plus as well.

Northwinds

Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
I know I have a Tolkien (3rd image) but the out box is not so nice. You can have it for shipping. I don't have the Karloff but I have the Alfred Hitchcock original. I also have both mono and stereo versions of Disneys Haunted Mansion and the 7" Haunted Mansion (same cover) version also, mine are pretty nice