Walmart

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
Last weekend my router died. I didn't want to wait a day. So I went to Walmart.com. Ordered it on line for a P/U in the store. Waited almost 3 hours. No one would even look for my order. I was getting a little upset. So I bought another one off the shelf. So I came home and cancelled the order. They ask why. So I lit into them. Not being mean or anything. Just stating the facts. Monday I get a call from the Asst. Manager. Tues. I call her back. She starts telling me why they couldn't help me. I felt like she was giving me colon cancer from all the smoke she was blowing up my butt. At the end of the conversation. I told her it will never happen again. She goes I hope not. I tell her no I'm certain it won't happen again. She goes how do you know it won't. I told her that I was looking at TVs for the master bedroom. I was going to buy from them. I then told her That Ain't Going To Happen. I will never do a major purchase from them again. I bought the TV from Amazon. Cheaper. No taxes. Next day shipping for 3.95.

Don't talk to me like I'm an idiot.

Larry

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
I bought once from Walmart to have it shipped to a local store and the results were very disappointing. I only had to wait for about 15 minutes when I tried to pick it up, but since about 20 Walmart employees passed by me and wouldn't help. The pickup area was right next to the break room, and I still had to pickup the phone and call for help twice.

I took the item home and decided I didn't like it so I returned it to the store, that was a joke too. The product wasn't in their computer system so it took about 15 minutes to ring up my return. :cyclops:

Pure_Brew

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Coffee filters
Nothing but good experiences on my end. Had a DVD drive in my PC go bad, 5 months after the purchase. It literally spun the game disc so fast, it shattered into a million pieces. I brought it in and they gladly swapped out the drive and replaced the game disc on the spot. Got my Sony tv there and there were screws needed for the base that were missing. Took out of another box no problem. Friendly folks, always helpful. Now BestBuy... I have angst - multiple issues. Too bad I love to walk in and buy. They have nothing I want anymore anyway.

Everyone screws up, what they do after is what sets them apart.

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
I don't have any problems with products from Walmart stores, it is just ordering online and having the product shipped to a store. The whole process of them shipping the sample to the store and then after that the customer services for the pickup sucks.

jbeckva

Admin/Server Dude MAA Guy
Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
Web Police said:
I don't have any problems with products from Walmart stores, it is just ordering online and having the product shipped to a store. The whole process of them shipping the sample to the store and then after that the customer services for the pickup sucks.
I have to agree too. Everything is good and smooth, until you try picking it up. Then you run into the "don't make me do my job" folks who drag their feet and give you bad looks while ya interrupted their yakfest with the other people in the back.

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
I still go to Kmart or True Value.

ksrigg

Chief Journeyman
I bought a 46" flat screen from them during "Black Friday" for $399.00. It is an Element brand, and only a 60 hz refresh rate, but for the bedroom, and for under $400.00 I couldn't ask for a better 1080 machine. Ordered it Site-to Store and everything went as it should. I personaly despise Wal-Mart for their local business killing bent, but they typically do a pretty good job. Makes your local Yellow Pages a more manageble size over time, and frees up space in a downtown business district but they have good prices, and the people in China really like making all the poducts for the USA. I think our Olympic Team even bought their uniforms from Wal- Mart...er...China..