Wall of Flame

wattsabundant

Chief Journeyman
So there is a Hall of Fame 1588129137204.png

A wall of shame (Peru) 1588129307474.png

And my room of Flame (AKA The 70's room) 1588129771692.jpeg

My brother needed an upgrade from his 35 watt Lafayette receiver. I permanently loaned him the 2000, and a 400 I just reworked. I used this as an excuse to pull out all of the P/L gear that somehow accumulated in the basement and put it in one place. Nothing is for sale. The picture on the wall was taken around 1985 when I went to Cairo to repair an inverter. I changed out a relay. You can barely see the pyramids in the background. The black faced amp on the bottom left is a rock n roll band 400 that was trashed with unusable meters. In lieu of meters I threw together a crude sample and hold peak detector LED for each channel. Ed fixed the 4000 about 15 years ago after I gave up on it. He found an intermittent hairline crack in a pot. Missing in the picture is a 400 and a 700B that's at a freinds' house.

Last edited:

wattsabundant

Chief Journeyman
I like the speakers too...
The speakers you see are JBL 44`12's and a B380 sub. One channel of the 700B sitting on top of the sub drives it. What you don't see is the ESS AMT1A's off to the side. I melted the diaphragms in the Heils before I got the JBL's. Not something I'm really proud of. I've got new diaphragms just haven't got around to replacing them yet. All of the amps on the floor are back in the basement now. I can reach the turntable now.

There is a 400 sitting on top of a 700B on the floor. On top of the 400 is a P/L X20 crossover from the pro line. A friend saw it at a music store. It's pretty decent and I hope to work on the crossover point and do the usuaal opamp and cap upgrades some day. I think I paid $25 for it.

Last edited: