Uncommon Dunlap-Clarke Dreadnaught 500 Amp on Ebay

VSAT88

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
I do not think I have ever seen one before but it looks awesome. The big VU meters, the bad ass heat sinks, the huge filter caps, the PC like connectors that the amp boards connect to and the big boat style on off switch, love it. What really does it for me is the two Christmas light bulbs at the front :santa: ho Ho HO !

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
yep, that's pretty badass for a non-WOPL...:headbang:

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof

finebar4

Journeyman
Tagline
---
Hey Mike, Lee is correct, I do have a Dreadnaught 500 and 1000. The 500 is a parts deal that was thrown in with the 1000. Missing some output transistors and the Transformer. The 1000 was in great condition and sounded pretty decent when I demo'd before buying. The bad news, I bought them on a out of state service call (northern MI) and was pressed for time to catch my flight back to Denver. I dropped them and my tools at Fed-Ex and paid for both amps to be boxed and sent. Bad move. The 1000 has a bent case and face plate as well as bent heat sink. I am waiting to get back from Service Center Fed-Ex told me to take it to for a repair estimate, and it is deemed unrepairable. Luckily, I insured it from for a grand so eventually Fed-Ex will pay my claim, but this has been dragging on since 9/27. It still powers up, but both the meter sensitivity knobs are stuck in place. I was gonna use it as a sub amp or something, but don't have a real plan for it at this point.....it went from a little simple project to a full scale mess.