Ultimate pre amp kit

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
Graham
I read about the amp. Pretty cool. Is yours single ended also? What amp are you going to run with it? I have been thinking about a passive for awhile now. What is going to be your source? Everything I read they seem like like they did the job. I would do one but I only have one system that needs a pre and I have 4 things running into it. I still may try it who knows. When the money frees up. We will see.

Thanks
Larry

gamve

Journeyman
speakerman1 said:
Graham
I read about the amp. Pretty cool. Is yours single ended also? What amp are you going to run with it? I have been thinking about a passive for awhile now. What is going to be your source? Everything I read they seem like like they did the job. I would do one but I only have one system that needs a pre and I have 4 things running into it. I still may try it who knows. When the money frees up. We will see.

Thanks
Larry
Was going to experiment a bit as I also recently brought a Burson Buffer for impedance mixing duties. The buffer gives either +3db or +6db. I have an old Passion V passive that sounds great but lacks a bit of drive. The passion has a strait through feature that takes the volume controls out which will make it a useful source switching device with a tape loop. I will try the lightspeed also just on its own if I can get away with the impedance matching. This would give the purest signal as the chain would be phono stage - lightspeed attenuator - power amp. I will try this new gear on both my 15WPC SET amp and also on the Ice monoblocks.
Cheers
Graham